Pain over certain # steps a day

I've worn a Fitbit a little over a year. Was dx with PsA 19 months ago but think I've had it 5+ years before that. I have noticed by my Fitbit that when I walk more than 3000 steps a day, I am in severe pain the next day, have trouble getting up and walking after I sit for 30 minutes or more, etc. Friday I moved my office desk from one location to another and walked 12,500 steps. Yesterday was another 4800 and I'm in such severe pain and swollen I can't even get out of bed. Any suggestions?

Replies

• A_Dabauer
    A_Dabauer Posts: 212 Member
    Where is your PsA?

I had very similar issues about a year ago. I've PsA in the lower base of my spine, and excessive movement made it swell and basically made me a cripple :(

I started seeing an Naturopathic Dr who tested for food intolerances, once I cut out the foods triggering my PsA, I was able (gradually) to increase my steps. I also worked with a personal trainer who worked specifically to strengthen the muscles around my spine so that I was more equipped to handle the increased activity. I used Deep Water Workouts as well as they were great at having zero impact on my PsA. It's been an uphill battle...still is every time I increase my activity, but in the last year I've went from barely able to walk to running 5KM. I still have bad a bad day or two where I go out and barely can drag my legs to go for a walk but they are few and far between.

I had tired to increase my activity before but it wasn't until I found the baseline triggers for my PsA that I started having success.