Crustless Pizza

Options
Hello!

Has anyone here ever made or eaten crustless Pizza?

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    We called it pizza dip before I went low carb. We'd put cream cheese on the bottom of a glass dish, top with pizza sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni. Then bake or microwave till bubbly. Used to eat with chips but now with a fork.
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    We called it pizza dip before I went low carb. We'd put cream cheese on the bottom of a glass dish, top with pizza sauce, mozzarella, pepperoni. Then bake or microwave till bubbly. Used to eat with chips but now with a fork.

Sounds delicious!
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    It is, it's everything great about pizza and none of the carby dough. You really don't need the cream cheese, we only used that because when it's a dip you need something to make it easier to scoop. You can just microwave the sauce cheese and pepperoni on a plate
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I make sonething I call crust less pizza a lot.
    Thin layer of cheese on parchment paper, top with whatever you want. I usually just broil it on low til it looks good.
    If you get it thin enough, it's kinda crispy and then it's easy to dip into marninara sauce. The parts that don't get as crispy are super yummy too, just not so dip-able.
  • auntstephie321
    Options
    Perfect snack, thanks for the suggestion. Took a pic to share. Didn't have any mozzarella so I used provolone. 3ta2ghk8boho.jpg
  • mcpostelle
    mcpostelle Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    What I do is make bacon crust pizza. Take about 13 pieces of bacon and weave them together. Cool on rack/boiler pan to brown both sides for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. Add tomato sauce/sauce of your choice, veggies, cheese, then top with pepperoni. Cook for about 15-20 more or until cheese is melted. I divided mines into quarters. I got the recipe off keto reddit recipes. Delicious!
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    mcpostelle wrote: »
    What I do is make bacon crust pizza. Take about 13 pieces of bacon and weave them together. Cool on rack/boiler pan to brown both sides for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. Add tomato sauce/sauce of your choice, veggies, cheese, then top with pepperoni. Cook for about 15-20 more or until cheese is melted. I divided mines into quarters. I got the recipe off keto reddit recipes. Delicious!

I have GOT to try this!
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I make a pizza omelette...

(in a non-stick pan)
    melt 1 tsp coconut oil/butter
    2 eggs, beaten with 15g grated parmesan and a sprinkle of onion granules and oregano
    cook on low heat for about 2-3 minutes until a base forms
    top with meat and grated cheese of choice (I like chorizo and a little extra parmesan)
    once the cheese is melty, slide out of the pan onto a plate and let cool for 1 minute
    enjoy :)