Slow and steady wins the race....

Options
After gaining over 60lbs during pregnancy I am just busted and disgusting with my size right now. Constantly researching how breast feeding promote weight loss---- Ah boo.... I cant see it... I am constantly hungry.... I am in the process of finding healthy snacks and things to do to promote weight loss. I am really trying to appreciate my blessing of a beautiful daughter dispite the weight gain. I am going to take one day at a time... for I know slow and study will still win the race.

Replies

• toastnhunny
    toastnhunny Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    shuntavius wrote: »
    After gaining over 60lbs during pregnancy I am just busted and disgusting with my size right now. Constantly researching how breast feeding promote weight loss---- Ah boo.... I cant see it... I am constantly hungry.... I am in the process of finding healthy snacks and things to do to promote weight loss. I am really trying to appreciate my blessing of a beautiful daughter dispite the weight gain. I am going to take one day at a time... for I know slow and study will still win the race.

Hi! Thanks for joining my group! My baby is 5 weeks old. I totally understand about being constantly hungry! Breastfeeding burns about 300-500 calories a day, so make sure your eating enough. I'm struggling with drinking enough water and making healthy choices. I love sweets and especially yummy coffee drinks. But since we've been dealing with thrush, I'm trying to cut back on sugar. So, right now my goal is to watch my sugar intake. Baby steps...!
  • bstrahm
    bstrahm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies!! My daughter is 3 months old tomorrow! I am constantly hungry. I'm a fitness freak and have lost the urge to get fit right now because I'm "so far gone." I've got 20 lbs to lose - so staring at myself in my old clothes is disheartening. I am so hungry all the time! It's 11:44 AM and I've already ate my lunch and both my snacks at work. CRAP!! I love(d) to run and lift weights - finding time with two under 3 is hard....but once she goes to daycare I'll use my lunch hour to exercise, otherwise I am a weekend warrior. I've printed off a bunch of motivational sayings and have them taped on my cubicle and bathroom mirror. "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everybody on the couch" and "Someone who is busier than you is running right now." are my two favorites.
  • ahannum31
    ahannum31 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! My little guy is almost 3 months. Gaining well. He's my fourth- breastfed to a year with each. Unortunately not blessed to be one whose body drops weight while nursing. So trying to be patient & make good choices. Spent last week on a free trip to Mexico I earned and took my baby & husband to, so didn't make huge progress before but getting more committed now!
  • shuntavius
    shuntavius Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello Ladies. ... trying to balance the home, work, baby, kids, hubby, and gym has been over whelming!!! But I'm making it the through.... just wish the gym day care had the same hours as the gym hours....
  • tfonz10
    tfonz10 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Baby # 3 is 4 months old and I am struggling. Its typical for me to hold on to the last 10 lbs until done breastfeeding, but I started out this pregnancy heavier that I wanted, so I have about 18 lbs to lose total. I would just like to fit in my clothes again. My hips are still very wide and so my pants still do not fit. Its hard to know how to set my calories since I am also a low supply momma. Thank you for making this group.