If I knew then........

Options
KarlaYP
KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
There usually aren't regrets posted about weight loss surgery. Most of us don't have any, but I do. I now feel as if I sold myself out in the beginning. Mistakenly thinking that surgery would be the answer for me. I didn't research the way we should eat post op, other than the few weeks following surgery. I know now that a return to eating the same foods is a recipe for disaster (it was for me). Knowing, now, that we should restrict carbs has changed my life. I truly wish I knew then what I know now!

But, you can't change the past, only the future! So, it's onward! Best to all of you!

Replies

• grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Very well said. Sadly, a lot of people act as if the surgery is going to do all the work for them, but it's obviously not the case.

You have a big leg up on lots of other folks though. Many people stop losing, or start gaining, and they want to believe they are somehow a special exception, and the surgery doesn't work for them. As you've said, it's really about how much and what we're eating. It's a great thing for you to recognize. You can be successful, you really can. Good luck.