Re: let's regroup after summer

Options
leecha2014
leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
Time to get back in track! How has your summer been?

Replies

• leecha2014
    leecha2014 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

leecha2014leecha2014
    September 6, 2015 7:51PM in Social Groups
    we've all been mia this summer, let's touch base soon and review our summer, good, bad, challenges and successes :).
    zacksnanazacksnana
    September 8, 2015 6:28PM
    Good idea.

For me it would be easier to see new posts and respond if we have fewer posts up here in the ANNOUNCE section

Posts that are below show when there is a new post and these don't. I wish they did!

I think I've done good this summer in that I didn't gain with being around kids and pizza all summer, but bad in that I didn't reach my end of summer goal.

Time to start fresh!
    RunRachelleRunRunRachelleRun
    September 9, 2015 10:46AM
    I lost almost no weight this summer. Not that I wasn't trying. My mileage was up, and so was my appetite, I guess. I have to learn to wrangle in eating so many exercise calories. I have come to realize MFP is overestimating my metabolism by about 200 calories a day, so I need to eat 200 less than it gives me. And I don't want to - wahhhhhh! Yes, this makes me cry.

I've given up my 52 pounds in a year goal; I have less than 2 months to lose 19 pounds, which I know isn't achievable for me. But I would like to lose another 12-20 pounds by the end of 2015, preferably 20.

I agree with Z about not seeing new posts in announce section. For some reason they don't show for me either. Well, except this one did lol. So maybe settings have changed now? Any new activity in a discussion category usually moves to the top under my groups.

Hope everyone had a wonderful summer!
    zacksnanazacksnana
    September 9, 2015 12:57PM
    RunRachelleRun wrote: »
    I lost almost no weight this summer. Not that I wasn't trying. My mileage was up, and so was my appetite, I guess. I have to learn to wrangle in eating so many exercise calories. I have come to realize MFP is overestimating my metabolism by about 200 calories a day, so I need to eat 200 less than it gives me. And I don't want to - wahhhhhh! Yes, this makes me cry.

I've given up my 52 pounds in a year goal; I have less than 2 months to lose 19 pounds, which I know isn't achievable for me. But I would like to lose another 12-20 pounds by the end of 2015, preferably 20.

I agree with Z about not seeing new posts in announce section. For some reason they don't show for me either. Well, except this one did lol. So maybe settings have changed now? Any new activity in a discussion category usually moves to the top under my groups.

Hope everyone had a wonderful summer!

Rachelle this post of yours did not move this group to the top for me. It stayed at the bottom. The only reason I checked was to see if anyone else posted.

I had a bad summer too but back at it!!! I'm going to try for 1 pound per week - 17 pounds which will put me at I think 63 or so lost total.
    leecha2014leecha2014
    September 21, 2015 8:11AM
    Ladies! I've come to realize that summer is the toughest! My loss is minimal because I go away for a week and go overboard. Fall is almost here, it's like the new year before the new year :) Z I like your idea and I'm going to delete three conversations including the one later today after you have hopefully read this. Great feedback, I would love to see us all connecting again on here.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa,

Yes, summer was tough for me too. Alcohol is a big factor for me. I like wine too much. And chocolate. I guess it's like they say, you can't outrun a bad diet.

Fall does feel like a bit of a fresh start. I like that - the new year before the new year. It's nice to get back into a routine!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,178 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Well done, Lisa on maintaining your weight over the summer. It is so easy to get slack at this time of the year as the holiday mood kicks in. I know that in previous years I did!

Rachelle: You are an inspiration to all your friends. We marvel at the sheer amount of exercise you do and how dedicated you are to your well-being. This is not just about losing weight. Athletes do not follow the norm here. You must have developed so much muscle and be fitter and leaner than most people. Those muscles need fed and repaired every day. I do hope you are measuring you dimensions and not just relying on the scale as a measure of your progress. As for the alcohol and chocolate, I refuse to give those up for anything, my dear. One has to have some vices. :naughty: But I have learnt moderation in both of them. Alcohol was out for a few weeks because of the pain meds, but I have cut those down now, and am once again enjoying the odd tipple, mostly chilled white wine.

Autumn was always a fresh start for me as I was a teacher, and this was when all the fresh faces Newbies appeared. Old habits die hard, and this one is reinforced as I am still involved with education, albeit at a voluntary level.

In many ways, this year has been quite different for me. I had a major goal this summer as I had hip surgery scheduled for 4th of Sept and I needed to be as fit and healthy as possible so that rehab would be quick and I would be back on my feet asap! It's amazing how necessity drives us. My secondary goal was to look good on the 18th August for my daughter's big day. Game of Thrones was my main motivator for the summer months, and boy was it hard going at times, but the weekly challenges made me realise that I had been using my 'bad' hip as an excuse for quite some time, and I was capable of so much more than I realised. It was a chastening thought that I could have avoided putting on so much weight if I had not done that.

I was 2 lbs short of my target for 18th, but I was so pleased with how healthy and fit I felt that it didn't matter. We had a magical day and were so happy for our daughter and new daughter-in-law that they were able to finally seal their commitment to each other after 10 years together.

I got quite a shock after surgery when I found that I had gained 10 lbs in a week, but a little research showed that this is normal and mostly water retention. Why didn't the surgeon warn me about that? I have now lost this 10 lbs plus a couple more, so am right back to pre-logging food, and posting daily goals on the 'Just for Today' thread. I have just joined a new 12 week weight loss group and applied for Hogwarts, so that should keep me focused until mid December at least.

I always had a problem with late night snacking, so in August, I was pleased to find a support group on Community to address this. I managed to beat this on quite a few nights in August and, thanks to the accountability factor have had an unbroken run so far in September. These support threads are invaluable for motivation and positive support.

I am 11 lbs off my 2015 goal of 158 lbs and with 13 weeks to go until 31st Dec I am hopeful that I will make it. This is epic for me, as I have been so overweight for so long, hitting 220 early last year.

I have managed to lose 51 lbs so far in total and my new goal for my 70th birthday in April is to weigh as close to my weight when first married as possible, so I have roughly 30 lbs more to go.

Zacksnana: I know what you mean about notifications. I saw this when I checked all my groups this morning. I have so many notifications each morning it is easy to miss things as you scroll through, so I check my groups for new posts once a week.