What's in your slow cooker?

Options
2»

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Braised brisket. Was yesterday and delicious. Will have again tonight.
    @totaloblivia can you share your spiced nut recipe, I keep trying and mine turn out gross

No probe. From Dana carpender low carb slow cooker book.

1lb pecan halves
    Half cup melted butter
    Half cup splenda
    1.5 tspns ground cinnamon
    0.25 tspn ground ginger
    0.25 tspn ground allspice

Put pecans in slow cooker and stir in melted butter. Sprinkle splenda and spices and stir. Cook on high for 30 mins then uncover and cook on low for up to 2 hours, stirring once or twice.

I used third cup truvia instead of splenda as have never seen splenda in UK. They need to cool before eating so butter and spices are stuck on. I added sea salt as well after cooking as they were a wee bit bland. Next time I would up spice amounts significantly.

awesome, thank you
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @totaloblivia can you share your spiced nut recipe, I keep trying and mine turn out gross

1lb pecan halves
    Half cup melted butter
    Half cup splenda
    0.25 tspn ground ginger

Put pecans in slow cooker and stir in melted butter. Sprinkle splenda and spices and stir. Cook on high for 30 mins then uncover and cook on low for up to 2 hours, stirring once or twice.

I used third cup truvia instead of splenda as have never seen splenda in UK. They need to cool before eating so butter and spices are stuck on. I added sea salt as well after cooking as they were a wee bit bland. Next time I would up spice amounts significantly.

awesome, thank you

Here are two other recipes I ran across yesterday. The egg white is what they use to make the ones you buy at the mall with that crunch and fluffiness to the "coating."

Sugar-Free Candied Nuts

2 ½ cups nuts of choice
    1 egg white
    ½ cup Splenda granular
    1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a 15x10x1 inch pan with foil and spray with cooking oil. Place nuts in a bowl and stir if not already mixed. Beat egg white in a separate bowl until foamy and stir into the nuts until evenly coated. In another bowl, mix the Splenda, cinnamon, and salt and pour over the nuts. Stir until evenly coated, then scoop onto the baking sheet, using a spoon or fingers to get the nuts in a single layer. Bake for thirty minutes, stirring every ten minutes, until toasted. Allow to cool on wax paper and store in an airtight container.

Low Carb Cinnamon Almonds
    Author: Penny @ Remake My Plate
    Prep time: 5 minsCook time: 30 minsTotal time: 35 mins

The recipe calls for a ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. If you really like cinnamon this could easily be doubled up to a teaspoon.
    Ingredients
    2 cups raw almonds
    1 egg white
    ½ cup Splenda or sugar replacement of choice
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 300F.
    Grease a baking sheet.
    In a large bowl beat the egg white until it is frothy but not stiff.
    Add in Splenda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon. Stir to just combine.
    Add in almonds and mix gently to until they are just coated with the egg white mixture.
    Spread the almonds evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes and then gently stir.
    Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the almonds are crisp.
    Remove from oven and allow to cool.
    Store in an airtight container.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »

1lb pecan halves
    Half cup melted butter
    Half cup splenda
    0.25 tspn ground ginger

awesome, thank you

Here are two other recipes I ran across yesterday. The egg white is what they use to make the ones you buy at the mall with that crunch and fluffiness to the "coating."

Sugar-Free Candied Nuts

2 ½ cups nuts of choice
    1 egg white
    ½ cup Splenda granular
    1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
    1/8 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line a 15x10x1 inch pan with foil and spray with cooking oil. Place nuts in a bowl and stir if not already mixed. Beat egg white in a separate bowl until foamy and stir into the nuts until evenly coated. In another bowl, mix the Splenda, cinnamon, and salt and pour over the nuts. Stir until evenly coated, then scoop onto the baking sheet, using a spoon or fingers to get the nuts in a single layer. Bake for thirty minutes, stirring every ten minutes, until toasted. Allow to cool on wax paper and store in an airtight container.

Low Carb Cinnamon Almonds
    Author: Penny @ Remake My Plate
    Prep time: 5 minsCook time: 30 minsTotal time: 35 mins

The recipe calls for a ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. If you really like cinnamon this could easily be doubled up to a teaspoon.
    Ingredients
    2 cups raw almonds
    1 egg white
    ½ cup Splenda or sugar replacement of choice
    1 tablespoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon salt
    ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon

Instructions
    Preheat oven to 300F.
    Grease a baking sheet.
    In a large bowl beat the egg white until it is frothy but not stiff.
    Add in Splenda, vanilla extract, salt and cinnamon. Stir to just combine.
    Add in almonds and mix gently to until they are just coated with the egg white mixture.
    Spread the almonds evenly on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes and then gently stir.
    Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes or until the almonds are crisp.
    Remove from oven and allow to cool.
    Store in an airtight container.

Sweet :)
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Meat with vegetables and tomato sauce from a jar, served over gluten free rice pasta. But I can't eat it - tomato sauce is generally too carby and this one has sugar, and for sure no rice pasta. One of my kids is making it, and could not cook the meat fully before he added the sauce. So I get to eat left over halibut and/or have 5 tablespoons of sauce.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Black bean chili for dinner. About fifteen carbs a serving, but they're slow carbs.
  • ajmurray1234
    ajmurray1234 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    In my slow cooker......dust I think!

I know.....it's bad. I'm just not adventurous enough yet!

LOL!
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Chicken, sliced lemons, onion and garlic, Rosemary Himalayan salt. It gets so tender and the lemon flavor, OMG!
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Lizzym911 wrote: »
    Chicken, sliced lemons, onion and garlic, Rosemary Himalayan salt. It gets so tender and the lemon flavor, OMG!
    Yum! I'm going to try that tomorrow.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Today I had pork back ribs in my crockpot. They literally fell off the bone!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Love this thread!
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Nothing in the crockpot yet, but soon I will pick up some freshly butchered black bear. I've only cooked and eaten bear once and since I grilled the bear steak, I found it tough. So I'm thinking a nice slow braised cooking method would suit bear. Maybe some red wine....I'll pick it up in a couple of days. My hairdresser shot it and I'm so happy for him, he's wanted this for some time now. I'm going to give him some of my homemade pickles in exchange.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    Lizzym911 wrote: »

Sounds wonderful - I want to make that! Do you put any liquid in apart from the lemons?