NSV

Options
maoribadger
maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
I threw away chocolate today.

Went and bought a bar when I was shopping as was tired and hungry and feeling at a low ebb. Had a few bits then realised I was being stupid and chucked the rest in the bin. Probably saved myself maybe 150 calories even if I did take a bit of a hit

Instead am looking forward to dinner. Chicken in a mustard sauce with broccoli cheese. And a gym workout later if I can drag myself out the house

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That is incredible for you, Lise. I know how much you love your chocolate treats!

Your dinner sounds fabulous. Care to share the recipe? I'm always up for new eats!!! :)
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Wow! That is well worth celebrating!

Every morning my son has me drive him through a drive thru to get him a breakfast sandwich. Every day he eats about 2/3's of it and then asks me if I want the rest. Old Ron would have snarfed it right down. New Ron says no every day. Sometime's I lie awake at night thinking about those unfinished breakfast sandwiches!

And ditto what Carly said - would love to know more about this Chicken in Mustard dish!
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Its less exciting than it sounds I did the chopped chicken in a wok then added reduced fat creme fraiche, a dollop of wholegrain mustard and some black pepper. It was pretty tasty though
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Its less exciting than it sounds I did the chopped chicken in a wok then added reduced fat creme fraiche, a dollop of wholegrain mustard and some black pepper. It was pretty tasty though

Oh, that sounds heavenly! I'll have to see if my guy would try it. I haven't seen creme fraiche in any of my local stores (small town, sigh), but I'll look around. Would be worth dragging the cooler with me next time I go to OKC... Thanks, Lise!