ketostix result chart.

Options
2»

Replies

• SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I've been on this WOE for 9 weeks now & monitoring with keto sticks. Aim for <20g carbs. Total shed = 22kg (48lb).
    I only use the keto sticks in the morning 1st thing. My nutritionist told me during the day a reading can be false as many things like hydration and a protein dump can also affect a false reading.
    It's a good thing for me to test once a day actually as I find the testing also motivating & I won't waste a stick by testing during the day.
    I do find the shades of pink appropriate to how I have eaten the day before, and if a carb blow out it can take me 24-48hours to get back into the pink.
    I use the sticks a 'report card' only and it works for me truely reflecting how I'm going.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I used them in the beginning because they can be motivating. The first time I saw purple I said "I'm a fat burning machine!" And have continued to feel better and better since then. I now know I'm in ketosis from the smell of my urine (sorry about tmi!). When you sense the difference, you know. I have learned that most vegetables knock me out too! Just sayin!
  • philmcneal
    philmcneal Posts: 6 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    did anyone noticed that their results are different as opposed to collecting urine sample from the beginning as opposed to the end of the pee?

I use cups exclusively, I don't know why, but I find dipping the sticks gets a more accurate measurement when using my timer... bonus points if you can fill the cup without overflowing ;)

Can't wait to start using the blood ones though once I plow through my stixs!
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    If you are adapted, getting purple again will only mean that you're wasting ketones. Getting purple after adaption can actually be a bad thing. CAN be, not is... Just saying.

Why exactly?