Supplements?

Options
winnie141
winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
Anyone here take supplements? I take a 1000mg of vitamin D during winter as well as elemental calcium 1000mg which also has vitamin d. I also take 500mg of krill. The problem here in Canada is that they are starting to discredit krill, basically in a nut shell that they are saying that the companies are money grabbing and that there is no health benefits to taking it. What do you guys think? I pay $30 a month for it and I have suffered side effects from taking a larger dose (uncontrolled bleeding from a simple biopsy that sent me to the ER) fun times. I am on a lower dose and next time I know to stop taking it a week prior to any medical procedures.

Replies

• phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    fish oil, 5000iu d3, multivitamin (which includes chromium picolinate), fulvic magnesium liquid (does not cause stomach upset), calcium. Less regularly although I should be more consistent: Alpha Lipoic Acid, Glycine.
  • mclend0n
    mclend0n Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fish oil (2400mg/day), also about 20g 100% Whey Protein Isolate. Never taken krill - would have to read up on it to offer a real opinion. My two cents, though: when "they are saying . . . that there is no health benefits," who is saying that? If it's proper peer-reviewed scientific research (not the kind bought and paid for by big pharma, like here in the states), you might want to listen.
  • cloudy68
    cloudy68 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Alpha Lipoic Acid --- when I was going to my support group after my uterine cancer surgery last December, I was told about this supplement and everything was positive. So I started taking even before my diabetes diagnosis.
  • winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies you guys! I have decided to stay on it although it has blood thinning (which isn't really an issue if you look at the bigger issue). @mclend0n you should check up on it...it's smaller fish species which carries less toxic properties (I think Mercury) than the bigger fish species.
  • rich_huber3
    rich_huber3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What about cinnamon supplement