Yoga Achievements

Options
This Thread was made on an account of requests, which is a Fabulous IDEA! SO here we post our yoga achievements of any kind, But there will also be weekly/monthly goals as well! But here feel free to post any achievements you wish, and post a picture, or just what you did, and how you felt about it achieving it, how long it took to get there, your mind-set to get you there, and anything else you want to say about it!

Replies

• BabyUnicorn3
    BabyUnicorn3 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    So I'll start, I have been practicing my handstands for a while now, and last night I was able to do a handstand and hold it for more than 5 seconds. I was able to find my balance and feel my body move with itself to find the balance. I just have to remember to BREATH! during - I find that I hold my breath with harder/new poses so I just have to remember to breath through it! LOL
  • SwissMatterhorn
    SwissMatterhorn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    May I share my daughter's achievement I was fortunate to witness tonight. We attend a weekly yoga + physio class together. She managed to hold crow for a short moment! I'm nowhere near that but I felt so happy for her :)
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    That's AWESOME! And you sure can share that! She's a part of you! <3
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I actually got up in to a head stand last night (against a wall)! I find inversions quite terrifying & have been adding 10/15mins of practice to my usual yoga routine, & I am starting to see some progress which I am ecstatic about - I literally let out a woop! :D
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    Pookylou wrote: »
    I actually got up in to a head stand last night (against a wall)! I find inversions quite terrifying & have been adding 10/15mins of practice to my usual yoga routine, & I am starting to see some progress which I am ecstatic about - I literally let out a woop! :D

WOW! CONGRATULATIONS! ! ! Thats always fun! I remember how hard it was learning a head stand - and once you conquer the fear, it becomes second nature, and super easy - you'll look back and say wow it's so easy! falling backwards is a huge fear for inversions. try to fall out of it backwards and controlling it - you become less fearful of it and learn where your balance is, nothing is more powerful than failure - but controlled failure eliminates the fear of failing. :smile:

I went to an acro yoga retreat and doing inversions off someones feet is always scary - our teacher taught us how to "fall" to become less afraid of falling. So trying learn your balance by falling - you'll feel the "ah ha!" moment then fall out of it... then you can stay in the "ah ha - there it is" moment longer each time you try! <3 Muscle memory
  • on_the_other_side
    Options
    I've got one to share! I can finally do crow pose for about 30 seconds :relaxed:
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed by all of your achievements. I am just starting out and learning basic poses. So right now my biggest accomplishment is getting myself out of bed extra early to do some poses and the Sun Salutation before work. I look forward to learning so much more.
  • BabyUnicorn3
    Options
    Yes! Congrats @on_the_other_side! ! ! and Welcome @jfp420