last meal before 2 days of liquid only

Options
ok tommrows dinner is my last meal before surgery having steak and broccoli what was your last meal??

Replies

• loveshoe
    loveshoe Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    No last meal for me. Last meals are for death row and I was on the verge of something very exciting.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your meal. Does not sound unhealthy. I have not really thought about a last meal. I have a few weeks yet until I get a surgery date. Loveshoe is correct maybe think of it as celebratory dinner. Good luck!!
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,702 Member
    Options
    I'd been on protein shakes for two weeks before surgery. Enjoying the meat & veggies came later. Everything tastes better when I eat smaller meals.

Best wishes. Hope you love this new experience as much as I do!
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I either had pizza or mexican food - I can't remember. Did both in that last week. I don't see anything wrong with it - it felt like good closure. If I had it to do over again I'd eat some spicy indian food because I can't really have the spicy stuff anymore, even in small quantities.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My surgery was 3 days after Easter, and my 'last meal' was a family favorite comfort food that we all had for dinner. Sliced hardboiled eggs over toast with a cheese sauce. It didn't work out for us to go out for a dinner and I honestly didn't feel like it.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I don't remember what my "last meal" was, I had changed my eating long before I had surgery so I was doing pretty well at that point and had no desire to have a food funeral. I was ready to move on. I was actually so excited and nervous that I didn't even have too much of an appetite just before surgery. That said, I did go to Roscoe's for chicken and waffles a couple of weeks before my surgery.