Beccy Leighs Low carbing thread of wonder

Options
2»

Replies

• beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    quick update. I'm doing well, had a few carb blow outs but for the past few days have been feeling my mind changing. I've lost 5 of the 7lbs I challenged myself to lose by end Oct so that's good. If I get the other 2 gone by deadline I'll be happy.

Realistic goals.

I'm laying off fruit too which seems to help. Am still having chocolate a few times a week but focusing mostly on meat, fish, eggs, salad and cheese.
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    Oh and only eating when I am hungry, which is a lot less often than when I ate to schedule. So if I don't feel it, I don't eat lunch but might have a couple of cheese strings or some egg mid afternoon. I've missed a proper dinner 3 times this week as I am not hungry either till quite late but would always eat at around 6 as it was routine. Now around 9 when I do get a couple of hunger pang I just have some ham or other snack. I feel so much better for it too
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Isn't it wonderful!! Being able to choose when you want to eat, and using food for fuel, is what keto is all about! People will just be dumbfounded when I tell them I don't eat fruit! The general public is so nutritionally lost (I was one of them)!
  • beccyleigh
    Options
    I was def programmed... must eat fruit, must eat enough vegetables, must eat some carbs but you know what, my body doesn't support that.

Fruit spikes my sugars, the odd berry in some yogurt for a sweet treat is enough but not every day & vegetables are fine but I prefer salad type things.

I ate roast chicken for lunch yesterday at 2pm. On it's own, out of a food bag. I then had a whole beef tomato with some salt on it & ate it like an apple at around 4.30. I got home, made a drink & then had a couple bits of bacon at 9. No faffing with big meals. The other thing I have noticed is that by having a decent sized breakfast, 2 poached eggs & sauteed mushrooms for example means I'm not eating a lot during the day. If I don't get the protein in the morning then I struggle all day.

No fuss, no muss. Perfect
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The simplicity of it is astounding! :smiley: