06/23/13 to 06/29/13 Run, Walk, or Crawl

Options
reese66
reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
"If you ask me how I want to be remembered, it is as a winner...
A winner is somebody who gave his best effort, who has tried the hardest they possibly can...who has utilized every ounce of energy and strength within them to accomplish something. It doesn't mean that they accomplished it or failed, it means they've given it their best. That's a winner."
--WALTER PAYTON

"There are as many reasons for running as there are days in the year, years in my life. But mostly I run because I am an animal and a child, an artist and a saint. So, too, are you. Find your own play, your own self-renewing compulsion, and you will become the person you are meant to be."
--George Sheehan

15 miles starting Sunday and ending Saturday... Yep that easy and you know you can do it! Just log your daily miles, the total miles for the week and encourage your fellow challengers to make their goals, yep it's that easy.

"Run when you can. Walk when you must. Crawl if you have to. Just never give up." Dean Karnazes, the Ultramarathon Man

For the folks returning you know that the 15 miles is not the main goal. The main goal is just to get up and get moving, if you don't meet it that's fine and you surpass it, well that just freaking rocks.

For new comers the preferred method of posting miles would be:

Sunday-miles-what you did Monday-miles-what you did Tuesday-miles-what you did So on and so forth, posted daily or when the miles occur...

Total- Running total for the week thus far

As always this is not set in stone, if you post every other day or whatever fits into your schedule, but please try to stay close to the above format.

For those folks that don't do miles

http://www.digitaldutch.com/unitconverter/

for conversion to be made easy (Thanks Nonafit)

Now let's get moving folks :)

"Methinks that the moment my legs began to move, my thoughts began to flow."
--HENRY DAVID THOREAU

Replies

• reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.03 walk/run
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Still pampering the knee though it seems to be getting better. I was amazed I was able to tread water via some fashion for 90 minutes in the pool. Feet never touched the bottom though I was only in 4.5 feet of water. No miles to report though will add that a lot of my treading was kinda like eliptical training with both my arms and legs going. Sort of like cross country skiing but had my knees bent. I'm sure it burned some calories. Wonder how many miles it would equate to?
  • marathonbiker
    marathonbiker Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    kb54 wishing you a speedy recovery!

Sun 63 mi bike ride to the beach and beyond. According to my Garmin I burned 7980 cal. Have eaten about 3000 cal today. This has become a sticking point. I'm a very active senior @63. I burn a lot of cal during the week. Then it really caught up with me! Was taking enough food in to compensate for the loss. According to this web site they have me in at 1600 cal a day. This was the amount because at the time I was trying to drop a few more pounds. At this time I 'm toning instead of losing and happy at my current wt 212 lbs. Going to increase my cal back to 2500 per day and see how I feel.

Today's ride I dedicated to a friend I've known for many years and who lost her daughter to a lengthy illness, she was only 30 yrs old. From now on all of my rides, runs, and walks will be dedicated to such people like her. :heart:

Tommy323
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Great job, Tommy, kPk, Reesey!

@kpk - hope your knee heals soon! Smart idea to do water exercise!
  • melkadee
    melkadee Posts: 5,598 Member
    Options
    Sunday ~ Rest Day
    Monday ~ 1.4 miles (walking)
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.03 walk/run
    Tuesday 3.07 walk/run

Total 6.10
  • reese66
    Options
    Still pampering the knee though it seems to be getting better. I was amazed I was able to tread water via some fashion for 90 minutes in the pool. Feet never touched the bottom though I was only in 4.5 feet of water. No miles to report though will add that a lot of my treading was kinda like eliptical training with both my arms and legs going. Sort of like cross country skiing but had my knees bent. I'm sure it burned some calories. Wonder how many miles it would equate to?

No miles is a fine thing as long as your taking care of you and your knee. From what working out in water is a great low impact way to get exercise, keep up on all your awesomeness!
  • reese66
    Options
    kb54 wishing you a speedy recovery!

Sun 63 mi bike ride to the beach and beyond. According to my Garmin I burned 7980 cal. Have eaten about 3000 cal today. This has become a sticking point. I'm a very active senior @63. I burn a lot of cal during the week. Then it really caught up with me! Was taking enough food in to compensate for the loss. According to this web site they have me in at 1600 cal a day. This was the amount because at the time I was trying to drop a few more pounds. At this time I 'm toning instead of losing and happy at my current wt 212 lbs. Going to increase my cal back to 2500 per day and see how I feel.

Today's ride I dedicated to a friend I've known for many years and who lost her daughter to a lengthy illness, she was only 30 yrs old. From now on all of my rides, runs, and walks will be dedicated to such people like her. :heart:

Tommy323

Your friend is my thoughts and it's great that you are taking the time to remember those have been lost before there time.

On side note, "very active" would seem to be an understatement, your amazing!!!
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday ~ Rest Day

Awesome as always lady, keep it up :)
  • stealthSLOTH
    stealthSLOTH Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Sunday 3.03 walk/run
    Tuesday 3.07 walk/run

Total 6.10

Well done, Reesey!
  • melkadee
    Options
    Sunday ~ Rest Day
    Tuesday ~ 1.5 miles (walking)

Total ~ 2.9 miles (walking)
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    6/26
    Ran about 1.5m in the morning. I need to wake up earlier to do more, or try to get more miles in the evening. I have a 5m race this Saturday, not sure how I'll do, but I'll be happy regardless!
  • melkadee
    Options
    Sunday ~ Rest Day
    Wednesday ~ 1.7 miles (walking)

Total ~ 4.6 miles (walking)
  • reese66
    Options
    6/26
    Ran about 1.5m in the morning. I need to wake up earlier to do more, or try to get more miles in the evening. I have a 5m race this Saturday, not sure how I'll do, but I'll be happy regardless!

Great job. I am sure you will do awesome on the 5 be fun to hear how you did! :)
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday ~ Rest Day

Total ~ 4.6 miles (walking)

Love your style Lady :)
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Haven't been here or to the pool in a couple of days. Went yesterday but it was closed due to a malfunctioning pump. Planned to go earlier today but was lazy. Thankfully I visited this group and was inspiredby the 63 mile bike ride.

Thank you! Spent 80 minutes treading water. Fortunately I got a nice break in the middle. Started to rain and there was a clap of thunder. Whistle blew and everyone had to get out of the pool. Was told we had to wait 30 minutes post thunder clap even though the clouds parted, the rain stopped and the sun was shining. I almost came home but decided doggone it. I'm here. I'm wet. I'll wait! I was nearly the last to leave before they closed for the day.
  • melkadee
    Options
    Sunday ~ Rest Day
    Thursday ~ 1.9 miles (walking)

Total ~ 6.5 miles (walking)
  • melkadee
    Options
    Sunday ~ Rest Day
    Thursday ~ 1.9 miles (walking)
    Friday ~ .73 miles (walking)
    Saturday ~ 1.06 miles (walking)

Total ~ 8.29 miles (walking)
  • reese66
    Options
    Sunday 3.03 walk/run
    Tuesday 3.07 walk/run
    Saturday 5.01 walk/run

Total 11.11
  • marathonbiker
    marathonbiker Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sun 63 mile bike ride
    Mon Rest
    Tue 1 mi walk
    Wed 1 mi walk
    Thur 3 mi walk
    Fri 3 mi walk
    Sat 4.5 mi run/jog

Total 75.5 mi

Today run/jog went very well. Was running at 5:30 am. Taking on 2 notable hills. The greatest part is running downhill. Hills will become part of my runs from here out in preparation of H Marathon in late Oct.

Reese glad your knee is on the mend!

Tommy