Neuropathy Question

Options
kithrobyn
kithrobyn Posts: 154 Member
I have mild neuropathy in my feet. Mostly it manifests as numbness, loss of sensation in the very soles of my feet. I went LCHF about two months ago and my blood sugar control has been much better. I have started to feel occasionally like the soles of my feet are burning/tingling and the numbness is going away. Does that mean that the neuropathy is getting better?

Replies

• winnie141
    winnie141 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Usually with nerves once the damage is done it is done but my guess with your sugars in check you have probably lost weight? I have some neuropathy in my upper outer thigh...but the pain has gotten better. In fact it has been a while since I too have felt that numbing, painful thing going on. But then again I have dropped quite a bit of weight since then so there is not a much tension on my nerves maybe? With that being said I have some nerve damage to my toes (3rd, 4th and pinky) where I am losing sensation. I did go to a foot doctor who looked at my feet and told me I have really good circulation so it wasn't going to be a problem. But I want to emphasis that you need to take extra care of your feet. I ALWAYS wear Birkenstocks around the house and I know I need to start wearing socks more often but I am lazy lol. Also I use a really good moisturizer for diabetics specifically daily but it's pretty expensive But worth it...sorry I'm rambling on now...I had a grandmother that thankfully died before they had to amputate...she was 86 and her feet had horrible ulcers.
  • CrisEBTrue
    CrisEBTrue Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin B12 tablets and that seems to help with the weird feet feeling sensations. No more stabbing pains and tingliness. The neuropathy is not gone completely but it's much better since I started with the B12; I've been doing that for several years.
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    My doc did a monofiliment test on my feet.
    She said I've lost about 30% of the feeling in
    the bottoms of my feet, they won't get better.
    I like walking, I do have touble if I get a stone
    or something in my sneaker. It usually wears
    a hole in my sock & then me. Part of being a
    diabetic for 32 years. I get to see my foot doc
    every 3 months.

o:) OR >:)