Stress Binge

Options
Over the past few days I've found out some things that my ex-wife is doing in regards to our daughter that has me stressed beyond belief.

She (my ex) took a Kindle that was given to my daughter by my mother, and gave it to someone else and then informed me that she didn't have to give it back. Stack this on top of the ex "approving" every text that my daughter sends to me and it is infuriating beyond belief. With them living more than two hours away, it makes it impossible to just drive over and resolve the problem.

I'm currently at work so there is no chance of me bingeing right now. But I'm off at 1:45 and I am already salivating.

I need some help/advice.

~The Juggernaut

Replies

• ShinyCourtney
    ShinyCourtney Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there. Sorry to get to this after you're already off work, but remember that the binge won't solve your problems, and won't make you feel better for long.

If you can, take a little walk or something to clear your head. Make a list of the things that you can do to resolve the problems with your ex, even if they're not immediate. Based on your description it sounds like your daughter is safe, even though the situation is rough, so don't let stress drive you into an even worse place.
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    Breathe..... The craving will pass, I promise you. I am so sorry about your situation and the grief your daughter must be going through.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Learn to let go. Especially of the wretched kindle. A gift was given. As usual the recipient can do what they like with a gift.

Its this sort of bitching between ex- spouses that really keeps everyone screwed up for years and years and leads to incredible suffering all around especially for the children. If you can't find it within you to learn to deal with your ex-wife in a dispassionate adult way, get councilling.

You cannot control what your ex does. And trying to make her do what you want is the thing that is causing you the most upset. So as i said, learn to let go and go with the flow. You will feel the weight of worry and stress melt away almost immediately you decide to let go.