need help

i've been doing low carb for 3mths n weight has platoed. can anyone tel me the percentiles for fat, protein, n carbs i should be at on mfp?. also do calories really matter? someone plz help. im lost n confused.

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    How long has your weight been the same? A plateau isn't a stall until 4 weeks with no change I believe.

My macros are currently set at 10% carbs, 20% protein, 70% fat. Once I deduct my fiber from my carbs for my NET carbs, I end up between 20 and 30.

Calories do matter IMHO, but if your carbs are low enough and your fat is high enough, you'll have a hard time reaching your max calories per day because the cravings are gone and the fat is filling.
  • mariasilver
    mariasilver Posts: 2 Member
    thanx. i've been the same about 2-3 weeks. give or take. plus i haven't really exercised. so i guess thats my next step. n my calories are set at 1300. is that too low?
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Check this out. You may be over or under eating, and it walks you through how to set your macros. A plateau is not considered one until you have had zero change for 6-12 weeks.

Be sure you are taking measurements and pictures, as my body weight hasn't changed on the scale, but I've dropped almost a full pant size in that same time frame. It is all relative.

And it is a serious thing to undereat, too, because you'll burn quickly at first, but when your intake and metabolism catch up together, it can take a huge number of weeks to "reboot" it. There are far too many factors to determine what is happening.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Yes use that keto calculator. Its a good one. I'd do a 10-15% cut to start (you'll see where to put in your deficit) and adjust in a few weeks if you don't lose on the lesser deficit