Garmin Forerunner 225

Options
fishgutzy
fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
edited September 2015 in Social Groups
I've been looking for a multi-use HRM that works without a strap and works in the pool for swimming.
Apparently some reviewers are lying. It will survive swimming with it but it will not function properly while swimming with it according to Garmin.
https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/into-sports/running/forerunner-225/prod512478.html
Too bad. The strapped HRMs suck in the pool. Unless you tape the crap out of it are tighten it to the point of pain, they just flip over on push off from the wall.
Oh well. Some day someone will fill this niche.

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I looked into one of those a while back, but never tried it. Good to know your experience!
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    I looked into one of those a while back, but never tried it. Good to know your experience!

Not my experience. Just research. I didn't want to spend $300 on something I could not use swimming :)
    Maybe someday there will be a strapless HRW that works for swimmer, other than the failure prone ear thing from Finnis.
  • fishgutzy
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My wife bought me one. Gonna see if it tracks in the pool regardless what the tech reports say.
    At the very least I won't have to strap up when hiking or in the weight room.
    Still figuring out the setting. The default activity is running.