Success!!

Options
RENAEJAE
RENAEJAE Posts: 1,136 Member
I had my 3 month post-op appt today. I have lost 81% of my excess weight! Exactly 100 lbs down since my first appt with the bariatric center in January. 115 total since Dec. on my home scales.

For those of you just starting this journey I hope this excites you about the possibilities! I had been at an unhealthy weight for nearly 20 years. I had lost the same 60-80lbs a few times, life got in they way and I'd gain it back. I'd beat myself for 6 months, gain even more weight back, then start the ugly cycle over again.

Surgery has been a life saving tool for me. I feel better than I have since high school (I'll be 51 next month). My blood pressure is normal, all of my blood work is within the healthy range, I'm sleeping better, moving easier and smiling a whole lot more. I've gone from a size 24 to a size 10!

It isn't easy every day, but the advantages over shadow the hurdles. So stay motivated. If I can do this - you can do this.

Feeling very blessed that I've found this supportive group. Thank you all for your help, ideas and encouraging words these past several months. <3

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Hot damn that's inspirational! Congrats to your successes, and best of luck on your continued journey!
  • honeypeas
    honeypeas Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wait, you lost 100 pounds in 3 months!? That is so amazing, and makes me think that all of the hassles I'm enduring during recovery is SO worth it. Did you do anything outside of following doctor
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You're amazing! So happy for your successes!
  • Trayjay33
    Trayjay33 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Excellent job congratulations!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing!!!!!
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    honeypeas wrote: »
    Wait, you lost 100 pounds in 3 months!? That is so amazing, and makes me think that all of the hassles I'm enduring during recovery is SO worth it. Did you do anything outside of following doctor

I began in December, lost 13 lbs before my first consult at the bariatric center Jan 15th. January to June I lost another 47lbs pre-op. I had RNY on June 15th and have since lost 55lbs. So I'm down 115lbs in 10 months. I counted every calorie and exercised (brisk walking) at least 5 days a week.

It's been life changing in so many ways. The hassles of recovery will definitely be worth it. Just take it day by day. It will all be a distant memory before you know it. The changes your making will get easier and become habit and the pay offs are huge. I still have about 30lbs until I reach my goal, but for the first time in my life I believe I can do it. Good luck - you got this!
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! Thanks soooo much for sharing. I have a few weeks until I find out my surgery date. I have been doing really well sticking to my eating plan and exercise. There are just some days that I think I will never get there. I just found out today I was down in weight(I don't weigh myself at home) and reading your post gives me more inspiration. I just have to keep telling myself "working at it will pay off" Thank You!
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Awesome post - congrats!
  • cmabnx
    cmabnx Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    wow, incredible story.
    i haven't even had a consult re: surgery but have been contemplating it for a while now (and have been lurking here a lot as a result). it's these stories exactly that give me hope that maybe i really should look more seriously into surgery.
    thanks so much for sharing.
  • RENAEJAE
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! Thanks soooo much for sharing. I have a few weeks until I find out my surgery date. I have been doing really well sticking to my eating plan and exercise. There are just some days that I think I will never get there. I just found out today I was down in weight(I don't weigh myself at home) and reading your post gives me more inspiration. I just have to keep telling myself "working at it will pay off" Thank You!

It will pay off. Be patient. It took us years to gain the weight. Surgery is just a tool, but we need to put in the time and effort. So worth it. I just take it one day at a time and make small reachable goals. My daily goal is to feel good about how I treated myself when my head hits the pillow each night. Just keep telling yourself that you deserve to take care of yourself. You're worth it!
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    RENAEJAE wrote: »

It will pay off. Be patient. It took us years to gain the weight. Surgery is just a tool, but we need to put in the time and effort. So worth it. I just take it one day at a time and make small reachable goals. My daily goal is to feel good about how I treated myself when my head hits the pillow each night. Just keep telling yourself that you deserve to take care of yourself. You're worth it!

Fantastic! Words to live by!

Rob
  • gaining_while_losing
    Options
    AMAZING WORK!! Congrats!!
  • grim_traveller
    grim_traveller Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job. You should be really proud.

And you're a great example of what can happen when you lose a bunch preop, and get a good running start before surgery. It makes hitting goal so much easier, or even possible. Everyone complaining about how hard the preop diet is should pay attention to your success.
  • aStrongerSteph
    aStrongerSteph Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful progress! Congrats on how successful you've been :smiley:
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    That's great progress! Congratuations!