dairy issues?

Options
I'm right under 2 weeks post op and had my first tiny cup of milk (half cup) and now my stomach seems bothered by it. Could this be a new development I'm going to have to deal with? Or is it just my new stomach getting adjusted to things other than clear liquids?

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    It's very common. Lay off of it for a few weeks then try again.
  • cheekitty
    cheekitty Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was lactose intolerant for about 3 weeks. I'm told it's very common. :)
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Don't be too worried, sometimes food just doesn't once, or for a few weeks, but over time I now have almost nothing that's a "problem"...although carbs in general are not my favorite thing (yeah).
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I was urged to do Mootopia. It's higher protein and lactose free. The hospital dietician said to use it in my protein shakes, cream of wheat, tea, etc. It's my default milk now. Becoming lactose intolerant after surgery is very common.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Even 12 months out, I react differently to milk than to other liquids. Not a bad reaction, but it fills me up much more quickly.

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    I didn't have that, but I did have stomach issues if something was really cold. I couldn't drink iced anything for a couple of years. Everything had to be warm or room temp. Finally this summer I was able to start drinking iced tea and water again without it bothering my stomach.