Losing nicely but tummy still there

Options
13»

Replies

• totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Remember, too, that there is the genetic component especially for women to carry extra fat in the belly. It has to do with species survival and carrying children even in times of famine, so genetically, we are wired to have a bit of extra fat stored there in case of emergencies. It is hard coded genetic stuff.

Just some perspectives about bellies... When I remember that a certain amount of belly is protecting my health, I can accept it a little easier.

Another tidbit about bellies from my family. If you've had children and have a muffin top or some flab/loose skin/whatever, own that *kitten*. Yeah, it's not societies standard of beauty but so what? That belly carried one or more wonderful little humans and it's a badge of honor. Enjoy the flatness while you're young, but after kids, enjoy them more than you worry about what they left behind.

That's lovely. My little humans like my jiggly belly. Maybe they're fond of their old home!

I had twins (12.5 lbs together at birth), then my son 14 months later (over 10 lbs) and now I have floppy belly skin too. The kids call it "pizza dough"...ugh! It doesn't look as bad when I am heavier, like I am now @175 lbs. When I am down to 150 or so it is more prominent and bothering, but I also had my kids at 38 and 39 years old, so my skin was not as elastic any more? I love them dearly, regardless!

Geez my skin has never been elastic. I've had stretchmarks since I was a teen, before I was fat :neutral:@GaleHawkins makes a good point about focusing on health. I will try and do that more.
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    Now I never thought about that, even though I've gained then lost weight after having the surgery, my post childbirth stretch marks are still gone. Bonus ! Maybe that will make up for the pain?
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    OK this will be weird, never done something like this before, but here goes. You guys are friends after all.adkr325o1942.jpg
    I don't have a big enough bathroom to take a better picture. In the picture, you can see my scar going around my hips.
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    I think I'll be more embarrassed by my legs once more weight comes off. I'm not sure there will be anything to help that. I have heard of leg lifts, but I'm not going through surgery again.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Health at the cellular level what we all are going for really. This can help us look better on the surface too I expect. :) The three supplements I have been working with are Pterostibene, PQQ (Pyrroloquinoline Quinone) and Ubiquinol (Active Coenzyme Q10). As I was working to build links to these I chased a lot of rabbits and ran out of time since I need to get some tractor work done while the sun is shining. :)

• AppetiteControlFreak
    Options
    @Kitnthecat

You look great!

Awesome results and congratulations
  • AppetiteControlFreak
    Options
    personally, I have no interest in looking like a movie star, but I would like clothes to fit and look properly and be completely confident intimately. I will be seeking surgery next year.

This is a goal I can understand and share

Not unreasonable to want to look good and feel confident

Thank you for putting it so simply
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    You look great @Kitnthecat thanks for sharing re your scar. It is not really noticeable at all.
  • Kitnthecat
    Options
    Thanks guys. I'm feeling better about it. The scar runs very low in the front, swoops upwards around the hips and ends at the top of my hip leaving a little "corner" , kind of a point, like the end of a seam when sewing. I'm a little self conscious of that. Maybe as I lose more weight, it won't be as noticeable. I want to lose 40 more pounds, but don't want to lose curves. The biggest difference the surgery has made is to give my body a more even sense of proportion. I'm not as bottom heavy anymore.