Carbs under 150g

Options
I started out keeping my carbs below 20g because I loved keto but I know I can't do it indefinitely so I raised them a little each week and I know this is something I can sustain. Serious thanks to everyone on these boards because I could never have figured this out on my own without reading every post here for the last 2 years. I finally found my sweet spot!!

Replies

• wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Sustainability is key -- glad you found a level that works for you.

I'm always curious how people budget their carbs. Was there something specific that you missed at 20g, like fruit, for example?
  • nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Are you in maintenance as far as weight goes?

How do you manage any tendencies to rebound?

Are you measuring more carefully now than before?
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Finding that sweet spot is key! Being in a place that is sustainable for you is awesome!
  • katharineshalia
    katharineshalia Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    To answer a few questions, I was not really missing out on carbs other than they are a fact of my life and while I could abstain I just didn't see it being something I could do forever so I wanted to try incorporating them over 3 weeks. I will say my stomache is more bloated but my weight has remained the same over this transition, so it's a give and take. I want to remain low carb but be able to eat say, crackers (5 at 90 cals) with cheese. I tend to go overboard and miss the journey but I don't want that anymore. Keeping it simple. Again, I appreciate this group for keeping me grounded.
  • katharineshalia
    Options
    I have lost a little over 20lbs over 10 months, not really in maintenance but enough to give myself some leeway. I upped my calories to 1590 so I'm not starving on carbs like I would have on 1200 before I understood macros and learning how to use them for satiating hunger. If I didn't learn about lchf I would have remained miserable jugling from "starving" on 1200, pigging out, giving up, to learning how it's possible to eat 1200 on lchf, to listening to by body, upping cals gradually and incorporating more carbs. I'm still learning though.
  • katharineshalia
    Options
    I'm super excited because when I woke up this morning I weighed per usual and the scale read 148.8!! First time I've been under 149 since January. I know, it's just a number but mentally I feel better weighing less than 150 after so long.
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I'm super excited because when I woke up this morning I weighed per usual and the scale read 148.8!! First time I've been under 149 since January. I know, it's just a number but mentally I feel better weighing less than 150 after so long.

That's awesome!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    To answer a few questions, I was not really missing out on carbs other than they are a fact of my life and while I could abstain I just didn't see it being something I could do forever so I wanted to try incorporating them over 3 weeks. I will say my stomache is more bloated but my weight has remained the same over this transition, so it's a give and take. I want to remain low carb but be able to eat say, crackers (5 at 90 cals) with cheese. I tend to go overboard and miss the journey but I don't want that anymore. Keeping it simple. Again, I appreciate this group for keeping me grounded.

Just as point of reference, there are many yummy low net carb options out there for crackers and such. So, as long as you are eating the healthiest kind of crackers out there (no traditional white flour which is gross paste stuff!), you're probably okay. Me, myself, I think I'll stick with the lower carb options until I get tired of them! LOL
  • katharineshalia
    Options
    I had a cupcake, then it turned into two cupcakes with milk and that's 800 cals over. Maybe need to rethink my over confidence. Funny how this isn't so easy, as easy as I try to make it.
    Any suggestions as to how losing track, convincing self you're naught losing track... I am afraid my "easy this" is turning into a wtf stupid this.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    That's why I asked which carbs you were adding. Some, for me, can be a slippery slope. I find fruit to be safe, but baked goods, pizza, pasta, etc are on my permanent kryptonite list, and I simply avoid them.