Login Tracker-Check in here at least once at the beginning, please!

Options
I've been thinking...what if I can't do this? What if I can't log in 185 days in a row? My record is...seven? Eight tops, to be sure.

More importantly, what happens if we miss a day? What happens if we log in for 97 whole days, and then have a day so busy that it just doesn't happen? Were the 97 days in vain? Should we stop?

Of course not, friends.

The solution is to come to this discussion board and mark down how many consecutive days you had. Then, you can add them all up at the end of the challenge. "I logged in for 170 out of the last 185 days" is a MUCH more positive outcome than "I tried to log in for 185 days straight and I started over 15 times." Right? Both mark a HUGE accomplishment, but the first one focuses more on the positive (there's a life lesson here somewhere...)

Let's start here, though: how many days do you have logged as of 9/30/2015? That will give you a clean count for this challenge--you can subtract them at the end. They're extra credit to add back in! ;)

I have a hefty three days logged. What's YOUR count? And tell me about yourself! What's your highest consecutive login number to date? What's your favorite snack? If you could plan a perfect day for yourself, how would that look? ...what do you feel like sharing?

Everybody. I mean you. Let's support one another!

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    As of today I've logged in 124 days. But I had a really good kick in the pants my daughter who just graduated from college informed me I would be the fat mom at her wedding. After seeing those pictures I realized I would be if I didn't do something. The funny thing is her boyfriend's mom and I seem to be having our own type of competition. LOL She is used to being the thin one and is ticked that I would try to take that title. ;) Is there a wedding date Nope our kids have already been together for 5 years they just got an apt together and are going to grad school. I just wanted to be in really good shape as I have worked with women who go on these crash diets before their kids get married with not a lot of luck.

My biggest weakness is candy and i have been bingeing for the past week I'm trying to stop before the first so I don't look like some kind of candy junky. LOL Stress always makes me reach for it and once I start it's hard to stop.
  • anewdesign
    anewdesign Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hello friends!

I'm Tori, and I've logged 4 days as of sept 30. Not great. Weekends are a killer! My highest consecutive I think was around 96? I would be ecstatic to reach 185!

I don't know my favourite snack. That's a bit sad? Maybe I can find it during this challenge!

I told my hubby I joined this challenge, and he thought it was a great idea, so we are doing one between us too! We are using a weeks worth of dishes as punishment each time you miss a login. Also, when we complete the challenge, we each get $50 to spend on clothes or something cool that we want! However, if you miss a login you lose $10, and can only miss twice.

I'm feeling optimistic about this challenge, I think it will be a great help for me. I'm so tired of being 'the fat one' and being disappointed in myself. Last year around this time I was almost 30lbs lighter. Wtf happened??

I thank you all for your support before it even there - you've got mine too!!
  • SenditToSarah
    SenditToSarah Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    2020pinnktogo, I'm so glad you're taking steps to feel healthier and more confident!!! I'll encourage you, though, to also throw a reason for losing weight that is purely for YOU into the mix. If you're only foregoing your favorite foods to do battle with "the thin one" or for your daughter to have the thinner mom at her wedding, you'll crumble when things get tough. You are beautiful and are worth taking those healthy steps! You alone are reason enough to do anything!

...also...your daughter's comparative remark would crush most women I know, and the fact that you shared it here shows you're a braver woman than I'll ever be. Preparing for your daughter's wedding should be a time of joy! Letting some sort of competition hang over your head will only detract from that. When the two of them do set a date, it will represent a stressful deadline, not a celebration, and you both deserve better.

You seem like a sharp woman who's capable of doing it all: your personal goals, her wedding dreams, the whole shebang. Pulling that off will speak for itself when "the other mother" sees it; no competition needed!

I've already said more than was probably necessary; I wish you every happiness and am SO pumped you've joined us for our challenge. Let's do this!
  • SenditToSarah
    Options
    Tori,

You've got me beat. Four days is four days!

How awesome that you and your husband are teaming up on this. I love that you've set up reasonable rules and great rewards for yourselves! Positive motivators....awesome.

No one here is "the fat one." No one. You're gorgeous, just like Ms. Pinktogo, and I'm sure your hubby agrees with me. ;)

Keep on keepin' on, sister!

What a fantastic start, everyone!

Log on,
    Sarah
  • vsoffen
    vsoffen Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi, few days late but as of 4/10/15 I'm on a 28 day streak, however I have to be honest that I haven't been tracking properly over the last week, but didn't want to lose the habit! Weekends are generally my undoing and am pretty good generally during week days. I've got 2 young boys and a husband, I work evenings in the week so generally get some exercise in on the daytime. I use a fit bit to track my steps. I need to break the cycle of over eating and drinking too much wine as a "reward" at the end of the week or as a "treat" or way to "relax" there is always a reason/excuse to go overboard and I need to regulate myself with these as I'm fed up the way I am and know I can be the size I want as I was a few months after my second son was born. Over the last 2 years unfortunately my dad got sick and sadly died back in the middle of August and a combination of stress eating, having little time to exercise or prepare good meals meant that over that time my weight has just gone up and up, but enough of excuses it's time for change. Please please add me, I like to comment and join in discussion on my feed xx
  • SenditToSarah
    Options
    Day ten...new record for me! This feels weird....
  • FatSwatter
    FatSwatter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh oops, I didn't realize I was supposed to say something here. Today I'm on day 83. On October 1 I was on day 76.

Weekends used to be really hard for me too but now what I do is compensate by exercising. Instead of my usual 2-3 mile per day walk, I'll walk 6-7 miles. I try to have fun with it like last weekend I powerwalked around a local zoo where I'm a member of. I loved it! The weather was perfect and I ended up getting 14,000 steps in! The key to help me be serious about exercising is I HAVE to make it fun! The moment it becomes a chore or just another thing to add to my never-ending list, I lose motivation. Does that happen to anyone else?
  • SenditToSarah
    Options
    Had 45 days (48 minus the three I had before we started) and forgot to log in on a day I had off with my Hubby. Oh well. Onward and upward!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    day 170 :) slow and steady
  • SenditToSarah
    Options
    day 170 :) slow and steady

Awesome!
  • SenditToSarah
    Options
    45 + 15 (broke again!!). 60 total so far....
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    day 185 just make it a habit pop on and load your breakfast. :)
  • SenditToSarah
    Options
    My schedule changes every day...sometimes I log in at the beginning of an overnight shift, then work the rest of the night, sleep most of the day, and don't realize until it's too late into my next overnight...blech. No excuses. This last lapse was because I was home seeing my momma for the first time in months. I didn't make it a priority and I wasn't online at all...but I suppose i could have jumped on my phone. anway, I had 3 days there. 63 plus the 5 going now...
  • SenditToSarah
    Options
    63 + 15 plus this streak...ya'll are doing way better than myself. I'm not slacking on diet or exercise though! I leg pressed 335lbs this week! Maxed out a machine!!!