New-This sounds like the group for me

Options
belladiva47
belladiva47 Posts: 44 Member
Hello, My name is Ann and I am 65 years old. Retired 2 years ago and progressively putting on weight. I need to loose 100 and get my life back on track. I'm from Hoffman Estates Illinois, have an adult son, and a 10 year old Pug/Boston Terrier mix named Dudley. Can you tell that Dudley is my baby?:smile:

I would love some friends to help me on this long term journey and I in turn will do my best to help inspire you also. I've been tracking off and on and it really does make a difference in your success:flowerforyou:

Replies

• sspahn49
    sspahn49 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    U can add me as a friend. Been at this a little over a year, still battling the last ten. You can do this.
  • Msnevergiveup70
    Msnevergiveup70 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just joined this site and I think this is just what I need. I quit smoking by using a smoking cessation site maybe this will work for weight loss.:flowerforyou:
  • Msnevergiveup70
    Options
    Thank you, You are an inspiration already. The last ten can sure be the hardest. I was there once, Have a long way to go to get there but so far I am enjoying plavving my meals.
  • Msnevergiveup70
    Options
    Hi I would like to be your friend. I can relate to having trouble with breathing when I walk. I have C.O.P.D and I am sure I will have less troubles when I get the weight off.
  • maryinnc
    maryinnc Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann, add me too! I've been at this for almost a year and this site is great.

Good luck to you. you can do it!!

Mary
  • workaholic47
    workaholic47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am 67 and working full time at my company. I love my profession but it is demanding. I have a vocational post secondary school for adults. Our adult sons and their families live far far away so our four dogs are our family now. it is very difficult to find time to exercise but last week I joined a gym and got a fitness coach. She is very patient with this stiff old body. I found this website via her suggestion. first day of food diary revealed 300 extra calories. Well, tomorrow is another day. Good luck everyone. Let's keep in touch and motivate each other.
  • workaholic47
    workaholic47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    U can add me as a friend. Been at this a little over a year, still battling the last ten. You can do this.
  • toddville93
    Options
    Hello Ann,
    I just joined this group today. You can add me as a friend, then you will be my first! :smile: I just started using this website on April 21st so it's all new to me...I'm learning! Have a great Mother's Day!
  • Lorrainell
    Lorrainell Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 67 and would like to be your friend too.
  • ve7jne
    ve7jne Posts: 10
    Options
    Hello Ann and the rest.
    I am 65 and had a VSG on April 16thafter an almost 4year wait.. I had been unable to lose any weight over the past 10 years (kept gaining). I have health issues and a very sedentary lifestyle. It's a challenge to keep to the dietary restrictions. I have been eating too many grain products and not enough veg. The "head hunger" is the worst of it.

I envy you people who are trying (and succeeding!) at losing weight wthout surgery. I just couldn't do it.
  • george10071947
    george10071947 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is George and I'm 70 and want to lose 75 pounds. Since being injured 16 years ago and disabled, my weight has shot up. Now my arthritis is bothering me and it's time to get serious and take off the pounds. I weighed 250 this morning and my goal is 175, I was down to 225 before the holidays, but relaxing my will power during the holidays with lots of tasty treats shot me up again.

I have 3 German Shepherds and any one of them will be happy to walk with me. I have a Service Dog for other disabilities and she goes eerywhere with me.

I'm looking for encouragement to keep me on track and help me reach my goal.
  • MAJdansk
    MAJdansk Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey George. Looks like most folks on this thread were on it in 2014, but I'm here on 2/4/19. Are you still on mfp? Anyone else?