Go To foods! (Quick easy ideas)

Options

Replies

• Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I found a recipe for Bob's No Bean Chili, and made a huge, delicious crock pot worth. It was very low carb (I added riced cauliflower and zucchini to mine to make it a more complete meal, so the carb count slightly went up), but it was still under 10 grams... so filling and so delicious.
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    I like wrapping each half with a piece of bacon, because I love when that cream cheese gets all bubbly and browned. It adds a whole other dimension of flavor. I've done something similar adding seasonings and cheese, but just be light-handed, because combining things like this add odd things to the flavor, too.

thanks for the tips! I'll wrap each half individually once I'm done w/ my fat fast (gotta keep the cals low)

The more bacon the better!!!!

• ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Keep ideas coming! Thanks everyone for taking the time to help me out, loving all the ideas would love the recipe for the chuck roast and black pepper curry! I have started doing hot wings and that's easy enough to throw in fryer for a quick lunch, about burnt out on chicken breast and steak unless I can find new favors for them, what do yall use to season your chicken breast?

I like to bake my chicken breasts topped with a touch of sugar free marinara, pepperoni, and mozzarella. Also I found a Pinterest recipe for jalapeno popper chicken with bacon, cream cheese, and pork rinds that was really good. http://www.auntbeesrecipes.com/2014/01/low-carb-jalapeno-popper-chicken.html

Oh i made the popper one (with out skins) the lastnight, hubby loved it... I didnt eat it but will tonight :wink: wow... the pizza chicken sounds great... I would have never..... thought of that one.
  • ettaterrell
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Love the popper idea!! I could mix the cheese mixture up beginning of week and have it just to add to the peppers (or chicken like last night) when ever i wanted before tossing in oven. chili will be great when it gets cooler but to hot now :neutral:
  • Zoe678
    Zoe678 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Egg salad, or chicken salad is pretty quick and easy. Just mix hard-boiled eggs, or leftover chicken with some mayo, and celery if you like. Add a bit of hot sauce, salt, and pepper, eat with spoon, yum!
  • kimberwolf71
    kimberwolf71 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I always have mini babybel's (gouda cheese) in the fridge. They are even packaged for you and hold up well, if you have to throw them in your purse on the run lol. Usually have some canned salmon at work for emergencies (I just can't stomach sardines), I like it on salads with avocado and sesame oil/honey ginger balsamic vinegar, but also eat it straight out of the can when I need to!

I have to food prep and plan otherwise I fail miserably. These are two of my happiest LCHF finds that store in the fridge and re-heat well. I usually serve with a vegetable of some sort.
    http://fastpaleo.com/recipe/stuffed-cube-steak/ I have made this recipe with pounded out chicken successfully too!

http://www.ruled.me/buffalo-chicken-jalapeno-popper-casserole/

I have also finally developed a taste for chia pudding. Another great make ahead that keeps in the fridge for breakfasts! I grind the chia seeds slightly first and also add hemp: http://lowcarbyum.com/simple-chia-seed-vanilla-pudding/
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Lillith32 wrote: »
    I found a recipe for Bob's No Bean Chili, and made a huge, delicious crock pot worth. It was very low carb (I added riced cauliflower and zucchini to mine to make it a more complete meal, so the carb count slightly went up), but it was still under 10 grams... so filling and so delicious.

Just don't make the mistake of trying that Keto Caveman Chili. It was some of the worst stuff I've ever made. Way way too sweet, and not really chili-y at all. And I"m the person who used to ketchup up her SAD chili!!! Ugh, and trying to fix it with the optional stuff made it worse! LOL
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    My go to lunch is salami, half an avocado and a handful of black olives. No cook, no stress, perfect macros.
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    My go to lunch is salami, half an avocado and a handful of black olives. No cook, no stress, perfect macros.

I wish I could do this for lunches, but my brain tells me that's a snack and I will want something else later...... ugh. I cant even do the wraps with lettuce because I feel it's a snack (crazy I know)
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    I always have mini babybel's (gouda cheese) in the fridge. They are even packaged for you and hold up well, if you have to throw them in your purse on the run lol. Usually have some canned salmon at work for emergencies (I just can't stomach sardines), I like it on salads with avocado and sesame oil/honey ginger balsamic vinegar, but also eat it straight out of the can when I need to!

I have to food prep and plan otherwise I fail miserably. These are two of my happiest LCHF finds that store in the fridge and re-heat well. I usually serve with a vegetable of some sort.
    http://fastpaleo.com/recipe/stuffed-cube-steak/ I have made this recipe with pounded out chicken successfully too!

http://www.ruled.me/buffalo-chicken-jalapeno-popper-casserole/

I have also finally developed a taste for chia pudding. Another great make ahead that keeps in the fridge for breakfasts! I grind the chia seeds slightly first and also add hemp: http://lowcarbyum.com/simple-chia-seed-vanilla-pudding/

Do you have the carbs/cals for the steak dish? That looks great.... and you cook ahead of time and reheat? wow gotta try that
  • sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

This looks like a batch cooking dream recipe. I have been looking for more things to batch cook and freeze by the quart and this looks perfect. You're an angel! I think I'd use butter instead of ground beef fat because butter in chili is amazing and allowed on this woe.
  • 4031isaiah
    4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options

Can you post the recipe?
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    For something quick and easy I like johnsonville brats, with a lot of mustard!! 2grams of carbs per sausage.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Last night I tried the Aidells gluten free Italian style chicken meatballs and they were so good. 2 carbs for 3 meatballs (I had 4 and that ended up being a good portion for me). I baked them in a mix of alfredo and no sugar added marinara, topped with mozzarella. I served with a little spaghetti squash.

Very easy dinner as the meatballs just needed heated about 15 minutes and I always microwave my spaghetti squash.
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    For something quick and easy I like johnsonville brats, with a lot of mustard!! 2grams of carbs per sausage.

I love brats too! Sometimes we just forget the simple things. lol
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options

Oh, and barrel cured sauerkraut! Relatively low in carbs, fits perfectly with the brat AND mustard...and has fabulous probiotics! :)
  • ettaterrell
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    Last night I tried the Aidells gluten free Italian style chicken meatballs and they were so good. 2 carbs for 3 meatballs (I had 4 and that ended up being a good portion for me). I baked them in a mix of alfredo and no sugar added marinara, topped with mozzarella. I served with a little spaghetti squash.

Very easy dinner as the meatballs just needed heated about 15 minutes and I always microwave my spaghetti squash.

I made a meat ball dish last week, (frozen bag of Perfect Cook meatballs) I used just plain Ragu, motz cheese & boiled shredded cabbage for bulking it up. It was soooo good I will try the chicken meatballs with it this week for a better food choice... thanks.
  • Fvaisey
    Fvaisey Posts: 5,506 Member
    Options
    Smoked Oysters, smoked salmon, sliced turkey rolled up with a dollop of mayo, (maybe someday I'll try some of the homemade mayonnaise recipes I've seen here.) almonds, macademia nuts, sardines, pork rinds, bacon jerky, hard boiled eggs...

I love to grab a rotisserie chicken for a quick meal. I eat all the dark meat and save the breast for my cocker spaniel.
  • KurlyStarr
    KurlyStarr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Oooooh....this is such a good thread!!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    http://www.buttermakesyourpantsfalloff.com/bobs-high-fat-no-bean-chili/

Here is the recipe. I subbed 1 can of organic tomato sauce + 1 jalapeno pureed in the blender for the Rotel, skipped the onion and green bell peppers for a tablespoon of onion powder, and added a cup or riced cauliflower and 1 cup shredded zucchini.
    @KnitOrMiss, I know you don't do too spicy, so adjust jalapeno and chili powder to taste.

Oh, and I made it in the slow cooker on high for about 5 hours.