Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    _Terrapin_ wrote: »
    JustSomeEm wrote: »
    I ran in Annapolis back in November. I'll probably run in Annapolis this November. I may run more then a 10k...at some point. I am a horrible MFP running friend. I will encourage people though. My last attempt at a half ended with injury. Some day, some time, before I turn 80....a half is coming off the bucket list.

@_Terrapin_ - I'm probably doing a 10 or 15 K in Annapolis in March (Get Pumped for Pets), and I did the Across the Bay 10K with a friend of mine in November - it was a much larger race than I like to deal with, but it was totally awesome getting to run the bridge. Are you local?

South Central PA--the bridge run was awesome. We run it with a group of friends the past 2 years. It is a large race but very well run and Annapolis is a pretty cool town. Have you decided which distance to run in March?
    No. I'm such a slacker - I haven't actually mentally committed to doing it yet. LOL! If I do, I may go for the 15k. I ran the 10k last year, so I feel like I should 'up my game'. Or something. OR, I could convince my family to sign up with me and we'll WALK the 5k - but it's for a great cause, and I'm a sucker for a good cause... so probably will do it one way or the other. :)

How far a drive is Annapolis for you? I have a friend that lives south of Philly (sorta), and the drive for her is about 2 hours (edit: actually it's 2 hours to my house from hers, but I live a bit south of Annapolis... takes me an hour to get there).
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I ran in Annapolis back in November. I'll probably run in Annapolis this November. I may run more then a 10k...at some point. I am a horrible MFP running friend. I will encourage people though. My last attempt at a half ended with injury. Some day, some time, before I turn 80....a half is coming off the bucket list.

@_Terrapin_ - I'm probably doing a 10 or 15 K in Annapolis in March (Get Pumped for Pets), and I did the Across the Bay 10K with a friend of mine in November - it was a much larger race than I like to deal with, but it was totally awesome getting to run the bridge. Are you local?

South Central PA--the bridge run was awesome. We run it with a group of friends the past 2 years. It is a large race but very well run and Annapolis is a pretty cool town. Have you decided which distance to run in March?

Hey Neighbor! :)
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options

No. I'm such a slacker - I haven't actually mentally committed to doing it yet. LOL! If I do, I may go for the 15k. I ran the 10k last year, so I feel like I should 'up my game'. Or something. OR, I could convince my family to sign up with me and we'll WALK the 5k - but it's for a great cause, and I'm a sucker for a good cause... so probably will do it one way or the other. :)

How far a drive is Annapolis for you? I have a friend that lives south of Philly (sorta), and the drive for her is about 2 hours (edit: actually it's 2 hours to my house from hers, but I live a bit south of Annapolis... takes me an hour to get there).

I know the longer I wait to sign up the higher chance is I'll skip the run. I'd like to do a 15k but I have next to no miles this year. I have a Spring 10k in Hershey scheduled(I think) and registered for the Bridge again. Travel is 2:15 roughly or a little less. For the Bridge run we stay close to the pick up location. We then walk from the hotel to grab a bus. We are all early risers so we move our 'wave' up collectively if we can. Great causes usually get my money too. I may look at March run...briefly. I could stay in Rock Hall and swing in from there. Hmmm...10k in March?!? Maybe. Maybe.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,302 Member
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »

Hey Neighbor! :)

Hey! We're fortunate to have so many local running groups and options Like Philly, Baltimore, DC to go for longer distances or larger runs.

• dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    I'm running Hershey as well. The Capital 10-miler is the same day but I decided on Hershey since a bunch of friends are running it.
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I think I've just been convinced to do my first full marathon this spring. This past summer was really into 5ks, due to lack of time to train. Got a bit lazy during the holidays. Could always use some running pals to motivate and inspire!
  • greghenley1
    greghenley1 Posts: 96 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Currently training for a marathon in March and my first Ultra (50K) in April. Feel free to ad me. Could definitely use some more running friends..

If anyone is on Strava feel free to add me there also.
    strava.com/athletes/566674
  • nicolejo143
    nicolejo143 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I'm training for my first marathon which is next month!
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I would love more running friends. You can add me also if you like.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm currently laid up with an injury. Hope to get back to it in a couple of weeks. I've run everything from 5k to 100 mile trail races and have multiple ultras and fun runs planned this year. Anyone can add me.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I'm also near Philly and I consider doing the Across the Bay run every time it comes up. I run Ragnars (road and trails) with a bunch of folks from the VA/MD area.

I've been running about four years steadily, about three have involved triathlons... focusing on that this year as I've signed up for a half-Ironman in September. Year looks generally like - spring, lots of trail runs, ending with Ragnar Trails Richmond and then a new local half marathon; a few sprint tris, an oly, and the 70.3 over the summer; then Princeton Half Marathon and, if I'm not broken by then, the Philly Marathon. I often train in a small deficit, enjoy strength training, work more than I would like, have kids, and know more than I wish I did about being injured. :D Feel free to add me!
  • harryrarabrown
    harryrarabrown Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm always looking for more running friends. I'm a bit of a beginner when it comes to running so any motivation and tips are always welcome.

I started to add a few people but it got a bit tedious
  • Derekruns4beer
    Derekruns4beer Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would love some running friends. I have been running for 7 years. I am doing my 6th full next month, in Fort Lauderdale.
  • heidi4649
    heidi4649 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too- I'd like more running friends on MFP! I'm on Garmin Connect as well as Heidi4649. It would be nice to connect with more people who love running. I've been able to get a few friends to join me for a few races, but in general their eyes glaze over when I mention it.

My training since I got back into running two years ago has been geared toward half marathons, but I like to run shorter races too. I'm a pretty solid middle-of-the-pack runner for the most part. I'm registered for a few half marathons this year, and have added a full in August as a new challenge. My training plan starts on May 2. My goal for the year is to remain injury-free after a stress fracture last fall. After a couple months off I came back in December (studded shoes are an Alaskan runner's best friend!), and so far so good, although I'm going to take it easy for the next couple weeks due to a tight calf and Achilles that I don't want to get worse. Lots of foam rolling in my future!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Just seeing this for the first time.

Back of the pack running addict here. Never thought I would run, and my first race (10k) I figured would be my only one. Now after 7 halfs, 3 fulls, and a calendar full of halfs and another full this year, plus my eye on an ultra next spring, I guess I might just be a runner after all.
  • 74Patricia
    74Patricia Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Adding! Please feel free to add me as well. I would like more running friends, too. I am currently training for my 1st marathon in September. Also, my 3rd half marathon.