Finally graduated!

Options
yirara
yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
edited October 2015 in Social Groups
Yiha! Yesterday I finally graduated from C25K!

I used to be a regular here. Sometime in June I had managed to run for 28 minutes. But then I went on a vacation, and when I returned the temperature had gone up from 29 to about 35C, and I could not keep it up anymore. As the temperature continued to rise to over 40 (after sunset!), and humidity jumped up as well my running periods got shorter and shorter. In the end I could only run for 8 minutes and then needed a drinking and walking break. But at least I kept that up and practices in 8/5 intervals for some 35 minutes 3 times per week.

I'm currently on a four week vacation in SE Asia and picked up running properly again. During the previous run I managed to run for 25 minutes and yesterday I'd planned to finally beat the 30. Guess what: I did not run for 30 minutes but for 45 without interruption, and made a distance of 5.5km (yes, I'm that slow). Woohoo! Finally! I'll be moving back to northern Europe in just over a week, thus there's some new weather to get used to. But at least I finally finished the programme.

Replies

• samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Woo! Well done!
  • yirara
    Options
    Thanks a lot sam :)
    I need to think about my next goal I guess. High on the priority list should be learning to run with some terrain. Here in Indonesia, and in the Middle East where I used to live the landscape was completely flat. My new home will be hilly to mountainous. Plus there's a wonderful 8km road along a headland with wonderful seaside views right outside my door.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a superb opportunity - maybe look at the 5-10k program so you can make it all the way down that wonderful road?
  • yirara
    Options
    Yeah, something like that. When I was there for a job interview I tried it but ran back after 2km as I was not used to running uphill and my throat hurt from the 'cold'. Hey, I was used to running at 42C at home and there it was 14C :D
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    awesome work