Like Minded Lushes - October 2015

Options

Replies

• amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wednesday I caved and had a Corona while we were grilling - it's a law right? Beer while grilling? B)
    Thursday - 0
    This weekend we're heading up north for deer hunting (archery season) - I'm certain there will be alcohol over the weekend, but not with the weapon in hand! Plus the Detroit Red Wings hockey season opens tonight!!! Woo!!!

Kate - sounds like a fantastic weekend - enjoy!
    Ashley - nice job on the 1 lb - awesome!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    M - 0
    T - 1
    W - 2
    R - 2 ciders, 3 glasses of rose', and a vodka. I'm not really hangin' today as I spaced my drinks out from about 6pm to 1 IN THE MORNING! What's wrong with me? 6:30 came early today.... zzzzzz.......

Tonight will be mellow and early bed time. Tomorrow is pumpkin patch and 1 or 2 fall festivals. Have a great weekend lushes!
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I had a 0 last night.
    It's going to be 100 degrees today. I'm going to hit the pool after physical therapy. Grilling and chilling this weekend. TGIF lushes! :drinker:
  • rjadams
    rjadams Posts: 4,060 Member
    Options
    Everyone seems to be doing good and there sure are some fun plans going on. I was sick yesterday and still not feeling 100% today. I will be taking it easy tonight.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Hey all. I was good another weekend! I had about 4 drinks Friday and Saturday each and nothing yesterday, went to bed early and was never hungover so enjoyed my weekend. We did lots of all stuff - pumpkin patch, festival, fire bowl, lots of walking and outside time.

Eric got his blood results back Friday. Not good.... Liver enzymes are quite high, higher than last time. His doctor didn't even meet with him but just set up another appointment for 3 months from now and basically said (via the nurse) if he wanted to try some lifestyle changes to try to improve his results, that's fine. Bu he wasn't like a, "You MUST quit drinking NOW!" So we'll see. Cholesterol was high too and if it doesn't go down, they'll put him on medication. So not great news, but hopefully just something else to get us both healthier.

There's an open bottle of red we intended to drink last night but were both too tired. So I reckon that will get drunk tonight. I've got a 6 pack of pumpkin beer I got for our friends who came over for a little while Saturday after the fest, but none got drunk. My vodka stash is depleted too. So just more reasons not to drink this week. I am feeling motivated not to, so that's good. :smile:

• rjadams
    Options
    Yesterday started with champagne. I had a couple vodka lemonades. Really moderate weekend for me and now I think we try for a few zeros. I hope the lushes had a good weekend.
  • SoCalWoman
    SoCalWoman Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    I moderated too. I had a beer and 2 glasses of wine both Saturday and Sunday. Exercised both days. I'm thinking pool workout today. Another cubs game tonight so there will probably beer a beer or some wine.
    Have a good week lushes!
  • ChLoE1130
    ChLoE1130 Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    :# Yay Cubs :) yep still drinking regularly here! I go back to work in two weeks so as much as I'm not looking forward to that I'm hoping the earlier bedtime will result in less drinking and more weight loss :#
  • amcanzo
    amcanzo Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Hey lushes! We had a great weekend here too :) Always nice to get up north - leaves changing are so beautiful and the further up north we get, the more beautiful the colors are. Deer hunting was successful and my husband saw an eagle fly over the cottage - said it was the most awesome thing he's ever seen.
    Moderated quite well too -
    2 beers Friday night
    2 glasses of white wine & 2 vodka-SoBe waters on Saturday
    0 - Sunday
    0- Monday
    Have a great Tuesday all! <3
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I did not moderate Thursday-Monday and please don't ask me to count how many I had on any given day, it'll make my head hurt :laugh:
    I am going to tune it down a bit, gonna try no drinking until Thursdays and that will just be one or two. I need to drop some lbs and I figure that is a good way to start. Our weekends are super busy until we move....yes 3 months with zero weekend down time, but we need to cram in a bunch of visits with friends and family, PLUS the usual family parties and get togethers. So there will be no dry weekends, but I am pushing for some dry weeks!!!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    Monday - one glass of red and now the wine is gone.
    Tuesday - not sure. I have a late meeting, but should be tame; they usually are not and force me to drink. :drinker: I'm feeling sickly too so that usually makes me not want to drink.
    I'd really like to have 0's Tuesday and Wednesday. We'll see. Thursday a friend is in from Michigan and coming for dinner so there will be some wine I'm sure.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Monday - 1 mimosa (I had to finish the champagne in the fridge!)
    Tuesday - 0

I have beer club on Thursday night, so I'll be having drinks then. Also, my hubby's co-workers invited us out on Saturday to dinner, then to a haunted house...so I'll be drinking tons because I am terrified of haunted houses and DO NOT want to go, but my hubby has never been and said he really wants me to go with him. UGH....not looking forward to that. I'll need to drink lots before going there!
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    M - 1
    T - 0
    I was gonna drink beer and smoke wings tonight but I'm still feeling like crap so we'll see.
  • kblue2007
    Options
    Tuesday-0
    Wednesday-0 and boy was it tough. Lenny had a *kitten* day at work so cracked open a beer as soon as he walked in the door. MIL and FIL both had beers in the their hands...I didn't even sip.
    Thursday-0 I do plan on a zero but I will be home early and if I get a work out in then I may have something small.
  • rjadams
    Options
    still moderating but consistently having something. :embarassed: it has been vodka and lemonade.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    M - 1
    T - 0
    W - I ended up rallying and doing the wings (and greens and cornbread) and had 2 Blue Moon pumpkins by the fire while cooking wings.

I got my weeks confused so have no company tonight. Which I'm glad about. I'm still feeling crappy. Maybe a drink tonight. Maybe nothing. We have dinner plans Saturday for Eric's birthday and our anniversary so I'll probably drink more than I should. There's a Halloween parade Friday night in our neighborhood so we may walk up with cocktails or maybe not.
  • bgrune131
    bgrune131 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Monday - 1
    Tuesday - 0
    Wednesday - 3 glasses of wine (it was a *kitten*, *kitten* day at work)...but I did work out!!
    Thursday - beer club tonight, but only planning to have 2 beers, and then I'm done.
  • ryzeman
    ryzeman Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I am doing better at moderating but have a little ways to go before I get to my goal. Looks like you guys are doing great!
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Options
    This may be a record....
    M - 1
    T - 0
    W - 2
    R - 0

I should be sick more often. Not really..... Got my meds so hopefully I'll be on the mend soon. Especially since we're going out for our anniversary tomorrow night. Nothing worse than eating good food and not being able to taste it.

Have a great weekend lushes!