September Wrap-Up

Options
CatAlii
CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
Welcome to October! I thought I'd post a monthly wrap-up so we could all share how September went for us. Please check-in to the weekly post that goes up every Monday as well so we can cheer each other on weekly.

Weight loss goal for September: 5 lbs
Net weight loss for September: -5 lbs

I don't know how I did it but I am exactly 5 pounds down from the beginning of the month. Whew! For me, achieving a goal is so motivating. When I don't achieve something I've set out to do I get so discouraged and am so much more likely to give up. So I'm excited to squeak through September with the 5 lb loss I was aiming for. I'm going to make every effort to track regularly, make healthy food choices, and move more through October so that I'm able to report another 5 pound loss at the end of this month!

I think my biggest challenge in September was keeping up with the busy back-to-school schedule and not resorting to unhealthy, quick meals and snacks that would put me over my calories. So my biggest success was probably planning ahead and making healthy meals.

How did everyone do this month? What was your biggest success? What was your biggest challenge?

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for sept: To lose .5 to a lb a week as long as there is a loss
    total loss for sept was 3lbs I lost something every week so to me that's a win. Slow and steady seems to be my mantra.

Biggest obstacles this month was I fell down the candy hole and I'm slowly having to give everything up and get back on track. Best success was I got back on track and exercise right away in the morning again got waylaid for a bit and it was hard to even do it.
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 8 lbs
    Net weight loss for September: -11.3 lbs

My biggest obstacle was staying on track with my workouts and eating while on vacation. My biggest success was not gaining any weight while on vacation. But even bigger than that....for the first time I ran an entire mile without walking well actually a mile and a half. I know that is a piece of cake for some folks but a big deal to me.
  • spicklkm
    spicklkm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did my weekly weigh in on Thursday and am down 4 pounds since September 1. I am happy with that as I ate out way too many times in September and that always messes me up. I have friends doing the 21 Day Fix so I have spent a lot of time this week reading about that. I plan on giving it a try. I didn't buy the package or the containers so I plan on doing my own version - focusing on "clean eating" and portion control. Anyone had any success with the 21 Day?

My October goal is to track, exercise at least 5 times a week and focus on clean eating.

I am seeing some awesome results from you all and I wish you much success in October as we continue this journey together!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I didn't weigh in the last few days so i don't know how September results really are. I know that i haven't been making the right choices. I will weigh in tomorrow to start October with a real number.
  • matthewsfive
    Options
    WTG @CatAlii you meet your goal, 2020pintogo a 3 pound loss thats great, ForMe2No 11.3 pounds loss thats awesome and spicklkm 4 pounds is a great number. :)
  • apuls413
    apuls413 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted in a while. The last two weeks were rough. We had the fair and I did my best to not eat EVERYTHING haha. I need to get back on track though, so I really need to get back into it. I just found out some interesting news and that threw everything off too, which did not help the situation. So here is what I am working with for October. This month is sort of a starting over point.

Weight loss goal for September: 2 lbs
    Net weight loss for September: 0 lbs (this is irritating)

Current Weight: 153lbs. Yes that is one pound more than the last time I weighed in... No I am not happy haha
    Goals for October: -5lbs, gym 5/6x per week
    10k training starts in a few weeks so I need to get back on that horse, and start weight lifting. This is going to be rough! I need all the help and motivation I can get!! :(
  • matthewsfive
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Weight loss goal for September: 8 lbs
    Net weight loss from September 1st: 185.8 as of 10/5 @189.6lbs +3.8pounds
    Favorite motivators: none, lost all of my motivation
    Resolutions for this week: Get my focus back

September started out great up till the third week i was down 7.8 pounds almost at my goal of 8 pounds. I ended the month and the first week of October up 3.4 pounds. Not the way i thought i would end up the month of September especially since i had lost 7.8 pounds. After getting on the scale and seeing the number 189.6 it made me sick and i was hit hard. I can't believe that i allowed myself to sabotage my own journey the way i did. Yesterday i had enough and refocused and it showed on the scale. Down 3.4 pounds, i know its mostly water but it still a loss. So here is to a better month.