In between snacks - give me your favorite one that works with Primal/Paleo.

Options
brennerjlb
brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
Sitting here hungry. Will eat my brussel sprouts. But looking for in between meal snack ideas to keep me happy (: TIA.

Replies

• pope705
    pope705 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Could you be hungry because you are not eating enough at meals? Either not enough volume of foods, or not enough fat? Or drinking enough water? When i eat a lovely breakfast full of fat (eggs (3-4) with mayo or bacon, or bulletproof coffee!) I'm often still full at lunch and am not hungry until supper.
  • cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I eat meat and cheese and a veggie or a fruit. If you don't do cheese add a meat and a fat like mayo. So a lunch meat and cheese rollup, or a mayo and meat and lettuce rollup, a handfull of grape tomatoes and an apple. Like a mini meal
  • leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I usually try to leave about 1/4 of my lunch to have for a snack if I get hungry later. I used to eat all my lunch because it was there, but recently I have been paying more attention to my fullness and notice that I may be full before I'm finished so using the rest for a snack is working great and then I don't have to add extra calories for a snack. But....if I ate my whole lunch, a few nuts, half and avocado with salt, a hard boiled egg or some cheese work great. I try to let my snacks have a good bit of fat.
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I always take an extra piece of fruit in my lunch. If I'm starving, I eat an apple at 4:00 or so. I don't need it every day and sometimes I joke that I'm just putting miles on the fruit in my lunch bag between work, home, work, home.
  • brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    ^^Thanks! looked them up. I am making them! thanks for all the ideas/suggestions. Sometimes I think I am looking for a snack because I am at my desk bored. I too save part of my lunch - that has helped. Thanks again!
  • NezyRumRunner
    NezyRumRunner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^yummerz! pumpkin chips sound tasty! Ill give it a try :) THANKS!
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    handfull of nuts, hard boiled egg, veggie chips, dried fruit, left over.
    I eat greek yogurt so I will have plain yogurt with chia and honey sometimes.
    Make yourself some paleo snack protein bars. :)
  • yogawonder
    yogawonder Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I love kale chips !
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you are snacking because you are bored or stressed try eating something crunchy, carrots or almonds are a good options.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I eat (mostly) primal... today's snack was celery with cream cheese, macadamia nuts and cold sausages.
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I always put an apple in my lunch and save it for afternoon. Most of the time I don't eat it but if I'm starving (at my desk or on the drive home) I'll pull it out. I usually put a lot of miles on those apples!
  • NezyRumRunner
    NezyRumRunner Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    hard boiled eggs are easy and filling....apples/pears....almond butter on apples are yummy, too, and quite satisfying ;)
  • Kimberly_Harper
    Kimberly_Harper Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I keep a Kratos bar in my desk for the just in case scenario (which rarely happens). OR I make sure to have a protein and fruit nearby, like nuts/grapes or yogurt/blueberries. I just introduced plain goat yogurt back into my foods and tolerate it well.
  • cmarangi
    cmarangi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like Kind Bars and Sargentos now has Balanced Breaks (If you can tolerate Dairy). They are easy to grab and have usually nuts and dried fruit and some cheese. I just make sure the snack has some good fat so it sticks with me.