Hot Protein Drink?

Options
E_Brault
E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
I've been drinking two protein drinks a day, but they are cold drinks. I woke up this morning to a cold house and cold feet! I sure didn't want a cold protein drink. Any suggestions for a warm drink with high protein / low carb and lots of nutrients?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Rocket Fuel Latte on www.healthfulpursuit.com and the variations include protein, and a ton of nutrition. Most protein shakes can be made as a hot beverage. Just use the same amount of liquid, then blend until you determine thickness. Collagen can be used as a thickener that won't gel. Gelatin would firm up eventually, but not if drunk warm, etc.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Great link. Thanks.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Oh I've got one here for you:

http://www.ketobars.com/collections/frontpage/products/keto-shakes-variety-10-pack-4-chocolate-3-coffee-3-vanilla-cinnamon

They currently offer only three (3) flavors: Chocolate, Coffee, and Vanilla Cinnamon. I've tried all three. My least favorite was the chocolate; however, I quite like the Vanilla Cinnamon (the flavor of this one always reminds me of the holidays for some reason) and the Coffee flavor which surprised me because I'm not a big coffee drinker at all. You have to make up these drinks with boiling water. If you want them cold, then make them up the night before and put them into the fridge. I usually also add 1/4 teaspoon of xantham gum to the mix and blend it up well.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I make BPC with protein powder-The Quest chocolate milkshake flavor is really good and really thick
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I like protein powder inBPC too.
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    My "breakfast" today is hot coffee, 1 Tbsp coconut oil, 1 Tbsp HWC, 1/2 scoop Trutein Chocolate truffle protein powder. Whiz is all up- delish.
  • mountainrun73
    mountainrun73 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love the protein powder in BPC idea! I haven't tried BPC yet, but really want to. I have been putting collagen protein in my coffee for a few months - and now that I'm LC, I put cream in it. Don't even taste it. In the past I've put chocolate whey protein in my coffee for a mocha-like drink.