October 1-15

Options

Replies

• bbinoa
    bbinoa Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was red ,but today was green. Weighed myself after my long weekend of eating and it was not pretty! Eeek!
    Total 6/21
    Ran/walked 4 miles and I'm having some foot pain again. Hoping it clears up quickly. I'm icing it now. Bottom of heel. Any suggestions? ?
    @MelissaPhippsFeagins so sorry to hear of your families loss.

@jenthibert enjoy girls night!

@Laughter_Girl glad you are feeling better!!
  • Bruceapple
    Bruceapple Posts: 2,026 Member
    Options
    October 10+ 11 +12 @ 1 RED & 2 GREEN
    Count / Goal: 6/25
    Streak: 2/ 10
  • jenthibert
    jenthibert Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love girls' night. Why do we only do this once a month? lol

October Goal 27 green days: 13
    Streak? 3 (1 Streak complete)
    Exercise today? No
    Exercise days this month so far: 10

Rest day.

Funny story... I'm using my "health bucks" that I've earned from a program we have at work to hire a coach for a few months. She sends me a week's worth of workouts on Tuesday mornings. This is my first official week, last week was a free trial (My interim plan til I decide what I really want to work toward for goals). So I open my document this morning and the midweek workout is a 5 to 6 mile trail RUN. I emailed the trainer back asking is she's trying to kill me. I told her I was willing to give it a shot! Would have totally keeled over. She said that she put the group workout in by accident and gave me an alternate. Huh... Guess I have my new goal, right? A GROUP trail run? Awesome!
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Green, yes!
    Total 7/21
    Have really been trying to stick to the green days and get my vacation weight gain back down, lol!! Unfortunately I do seem to have some sort of injury to my heel :( I'm going to forgo the weekend 20 mile training run and see if resting helps. I'll either try again next week, or just keep cross training and resting and see if im up for walking most of the marathon. Right now it's rest, ice, some Aleve and stretching. I did some cross training on the bike at the gym today.

@jenthibert I totally think you could do the trail run!! I say go for it. At the very least your walking speed is still faster than alot of runs!!! Go for it!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    Green: No
    Streak: 0/10 (I think I'll eliminate the streaks after this month. They're not working for me. Ha, ha ha.)
    Goal: 11/25
    Exercise: Rest day.

@bbinoa Thanks for the well wishes regarding my little bug, and I'm really sorry to hear about your heel. Might you have heel spurs? I had them a few years back (quite painful especially first thing in the morning), but after I got a cortisone shot, I was immediately pain-free. Thankfully, I haven't had a problem since. I'm assuming your shoes are extra supportive and not worn down. Basically, if all you are doing is still not working, you may need to visit your doctor. Definitely take it easy.
    @jenthibert Go for that trail run!!! You could certainly do that.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    @bbinoa, you're being smart but I'm seriously bumming for you! Rest, ice and heel...

@bbinoa and @Laughter_Girl, thank you for pushing me, but I think I'll get some practice running on trails before I jump into an established group, lol!
  • R_Queenie
    R_Queenie Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Update Oct 1-14. 10 days green.
    I still feel like the universe is trying to crush my soul...but I am putting up a fight. :D

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Oct 12 green, yes; exercise, no
    Oct 13 green, yes; exercise, yes
    Green 12/25 streak: 2
    Exercise 2/15

Thanks everyone for your sympathy. Memaw was 95, lived a good life and loved her family. She raised my husband, so he's deeply saddened, but has been able to see it coming since her mini stroke last year and was mentally prepared for it. My kids have lost their functional grandmother and it was hard for them at the funeral yesterday. I will be using my last bereavement day today to trim the hedges at her house while my husband mows. His aunt inherits the house, but lives two hours away. We'll have to keep it up for her until the estate goes through probate.

@jenthibert - you could probably do a 5-6 mile trail walk as fast some in the group could run it.

@bbinoa sorry about your heel. Take care of it now so that it does not come back to haunt you later
  • jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 14
    Streak? 4 (1 Streak complete)
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 11

Lots of steps today. Hit my 12,000 step goal BEFORE exercise, lol.
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Green
    Total 8/21

Thanks for the heel concern! I got some advice from a physical therapist so I've been following that
    It felt a little better today. Definitely not healed yet, but improving and that made me feel better. I took my old shoes to a running store in town tonight and explained what was going on I've been fitted for shoes at various running shops for years and have always been told I needed a certain type, and wore the same style. Turns out my running style has improved! Yea for me, but I've been wearing the wrong type now (ugh!) Plus the old ones were wore out! I got new ones, which I hate to change stuff up now but hope it helps. Still taking time off but will give these a shot. They felt great running around the store. No pain at all. They're the same brand, just a different style so it's not a huge change.

@Laughter_Girl is your race This weekend? ?? I keep forgetting and want to make sure I know when to appropriately cheer you on!!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    10/14/15 - green, yes. Exercise, no.
    Green: 13/25 streak - 3
    Exercise 2/15

Tomorrow I go back to work. It will be good for me. Death brings out the worst in families.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Streak: 1/10
    Goal: 12/25
    Exercise: I ran a 5K today at the local running store. Well, more like I jogged it, but it was all good. Plus, I won a $10 gift certificate for a local pizza joint. Woohoo!! I love pizza. :)

@MelissaPhippsFeagins It sounds like everything went well yesterday, which is what's most important. Sometimes it's much better to get back into the normal routine of things. I will definitely continue to lift your husband and family up in my prayers.
    @bbinoa You're funny. Yes, my half marathon is this Sunday. Don't worry about forgetting to cheer me on. I will certainly be reminding the group. Ha, ha, ha. Sounds like the new shoes just might do the trick with your heels. Who knew??? :) Continue to take it slow.
    @jenthibert Way to show your pedometer who's boss????????? I imagine today was VERY green for you.
    @R_Queenie Keep fighting!!!
  • ATHLegal
    ATHLegal Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    October 1 to 15 - green
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    10/15 - green yes; exercise yes
    14/25 and 3/15
    Streak: 4
    I made it to the gym today for the first time in like six weeks. Tyler kicked my butt in step.class. I am going to be hurting tomorrow.

@R_Queenie: I hope you are winning the battle today. I'm praying for you.
  • jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 15, barely
    Streak? 5 (1 Streak complete)
    Exercise today? No
    Exercise days this month so far: 11

No exercise today. My parents popped in unexpectedly and stayed thru dinner. There's a reason early morning exercise works best, but I like hubby bringing my coffee to me in bed on workdays! I'd have a hard time giving that up.
  • Laughter_Girl
    Options
    Green: Yes
    Streak: 2/10
    Goal: 13/25
    Exercise: Rest day today. @jenthibert I totally agree about the morning exercise. I didn't have anyone pop up on me this evening and I still didn't get my evening workout in. :)
  • bbinoa
    Options
    Green today total 9/21

@jenthibert coffee in bed? I'm jealous!! I'm the short order.cook in the morning here!

• jenthibert
    Options
    bbinoa wrote: »
    Green today total 9/21

@jenthibert coffee in bed? I'm jealous!! I'm the short order.cook in the morning here!

Every man, woman and child is on their own in this household. 'course, the kids are 15 and 17, my husband leaves the house at 6 and I have to be at work by 7:30. We homeschooled until my kids decided to go to school full-time, 7th and 9th grade. Things were very different then. I miss it lots!

• jenthibert
    Options
    October Goal 27 green days: 16
    Streak? 6 (1 Streak complete)
    Exercise today? Yes
    Exercise days this month so far: 12

Today's assignment was 30 minutes of running. First 10 minutes was slow speeding it up every 10 minutes. First 10 felt awful. Last 10 felt great. Odd...

Love my gymboss! Thanks for the suggestion @bbinoa!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    @jenthibert - I still think this gadget should be called a Runboss, but I am glad your first run went well.