October Chat Thread

Options
2»

Replies

• cindytw
    cindytw Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Iquote="cindytw;34431631"]
    The problem for me is that I then have to go into the kitchen and disturb the cooks to make/cook food. And we only have one kitchen! So for me many of the ways I need to full myself up need to be cooking free/ easy to do. I don't particularly even like pasta but when I'm hungry and it is what is for lunch I struggle. Still I've now had two days grain free - onwards and upwards

The beauty of cooking your own food in batches, on say a Sunday, means you never have to deal with that at all!! Package up portions, heat and eat. On the rare occasion if you are without food, make the best choice you can and fill up on salad

It sounds so sensible when you say it like that. i used to batch cook when i lived in Abu dhabi. I literally work 7 days a week at the moment (that's part of why work supplies my food/ cooks for me). Not only that but we dont have a mircowave - so even reheating means borrowing the kitchen (thus getting in the cooks way) and using pots then I then have to clean. I often dont finish work till 9.30/10pm too. At the moment, nuts, salami style meats and protien powder are saving my hide! :) today's day 3 bread and pasta free though :)[/quote]

So why not make something you can eat cold? Like chicken salad lettuce wraps, or tuna or egg...Or just meat slices in a lettuce leaf with whatever fat you like and some veg or tomato? I use Gem Wraps sometimes but they are not something everyone can get (its dried veg and fruit used for a wrap). I also will eat chicken, tuna or egg salad with some celery sticks or cucumber slices. You can do anything you can stomach cold as a lunch in this case...hard boiled eggs, any meats, any seafoods, anything! It is just thinking OUT of the normal and customs, whatever they are for you.