My first 5k is coming up

Options
frankie5152
frankie5152 Posts: 484 Member
I completed the C25K app a couple weeks ago but i continue to run 3 days a week up to 4 miles. Should i run any of the days before the C25K?

Replies

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    At least rest the day before the 5k. If you are consistently running 3 days a week, treat it like any other running day. Get there early for parking, etc. I usually try to run a little bit of a warm-up before the race starts. Make sure you don't start off too fast!

Oh yeah, probably most important- HAVE FUN!!!
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    At least rest the day before the 5k. If you are consistently running 3 days a week, treat it like any other running day. Get there early for parking, etc. I usually try to run a little bit of a warm-up before the race starts. Make sure you don't start off too fast!

Oh yeah, probably most important- HAVE FUN!!!

^^This

Also, eat the same thing you would normally eat before a run. (If you usually run before breakfast but the race time is too late to wait that long, eat something small that you know doesn't give you digestion problems.) Race day is NOT the day to experiment with your food!!

PS: That is an awesome beard!
  • frankie5152
    Options
    Thank you for the advice. Unfortunately i run in the morning but the race is at 7pm its a Halloween themed so i know it will be fun. And thanks i have been growing it for over a year now
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, Frankie!! So excited for you - relax and have fun and post a picture or two!!
  • frankie5152
    Options
    It is a costumed race i dont know yet what im going to wear. Finding something easy to run in plus low make up so it wont get in my eyes when i sweat. And there will be pics for sure
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    Frankie, when is your race?
  • Six5
    Six5 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    6 weeks into my C25K program and signed up for my first 5K too!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Options
    @frankie5152, I suggest Superman - cape, tights, easy to run in and because you are well, Super, Man... ;)
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Hope all goes well, I ran my 3rd 5k last weekend. I am now trying for faster speed as endurance is going well. don't try to keep up with faster runners. Do your best, and if you have to walk a bit that's ok. You'll have fun.
  • frankie5152
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone. I had a blast running the 5K it was exciting having so many people around me while doing this compared to my usual jogs by myself lol. I finished with my personal best time of 33:29 so I'm extremely happy about that.titzshm59ycd.jpg
    49g4v93el9ek.jpg
    akjt38wgp5al.jpg
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look very fit and gruesome :smiley: Congratulations on your great first 5k.

I did my first 5k today too and I'm feeling so happy now! Hope you are too.
  • frankie5152
    Options
    Thanks and congrats on your first 5K. I am also feeling very happy. There are a couple more 5ks in the coming months but im not sure if im going to do them cause i am not a fan of running in cold weather
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!! Both on your 5k and on your overall progress thus far!!!
  • frankie5152
    Options
    Thank you very much
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    I am doing a 5k race in two weeks - first one for the 2016 season! :) Anybody else running on March 26-27?