Starting over on 5:2

Options
2»

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost a kg since restarting!! I really missed this wol.
    Unfortunately I still get the wide awake at night on my fasting days though. I forgot about that. But my moods are waaaay better :smiley:
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    mrsfitzyv8 wrote: »
    I've lost almost a kg since restarting!! I really missed this wol.
    Unfortunately I still get the wide awake at night on my fasting days though. I forgot about that. But my moods are waaaay better :smiley:

Try taking a vigorous walk just before bed. My dogs and I go through the neighborhood looking at Christmas lights for 15 min. Something about the chill and then warm bed puts me straight to sleep. Only wake up is to hit the bathroom - I drink so much water/tea/coffee on fast days!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    It's my Monday fast day so thanks! I might try that tonight.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Hello all,
    I did really well two and a half years ago on 5:2 and lost over 30lb. But shortly afterwards my mum's COPD resulted in her needing care and she then passed away in 2013, and shortly afterwards my dad got cancer and needed care and he died last summer. Now I can concentrate on myself again and focus on my own health and wellbeing. I would really welcome some friends. :)
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    Hello all,
    I did really well two and a half years ago on 5:2 and lost over 30lb. But shortly afterwards my mum's COPD resulted in her needing care and she then passed away in 2013, and shortly afterwards my dad got cancer and needed care and he died last summer. Now I can concentrate on myself again and focus on my own health and wellbeing. I would really welcome some friends. :)

Well, welcome back... I was wondering why you stopped 5:2 at first then continued reading..... Life gets hard sometimes and I know a little bit of how you feel. My sister died Feb 2012 & my 100yr old beloved grandmother died sept 2013 and that all sucked the life right out of me. I have now reached a point of acknowledging the reality where I can move forward with my own life, family, health etc. time does heal these wounds. So, now that you've come back to 5:2 for yourself, read all the posts and don't forget to drink your water! :) cheers!
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Hello Mama and how lovely to see a familiar face here still. Yes, I did really well and then it was just one crisis after the next. It really was one drama after another. After mum died my dad totally lost it. He immediately entered into a relationship with someone much younger that he spent a small fortune on. All money he never really had so created lots of debt I wasn't aware of. She eventually dumped him when he ran out of money. When he became terminal he was extremely hard work to care for in terms of his demeanour and temperament and although I knew it was the right thing to do it also sometimes felt like a very thankless task. Eventually he passed away and I unearthed just how much money he owed and I was left with all the probate issues. Literally all I wanted to do was vegetate, watch TV or read, just "escape". It took me a good while to snap out of that and then I entered bereavement counselling which I found really helpful. I feel my OH and I can now finally get on with our lives and we finally set a date for our wedding which is in October. It would be lovely to get my old body back or at least be on the way to getting it back by then. xx
  • janetteluparia
    janetteluparia Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    The beauty of 5:2 is the flexibility and the fact that you can start and stop whenever you want. Been going since March 18th 2013. Only thing that ever worked for me....ever.
  • Winterbaby2014
    Winterbaby2014 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm starting back on 5:2 after about 2 months off (Christmas and all).. haven't got much to lose (about 1 stone),. I'm bending the rules a little, I don't get too cut up if I go a little above 500.
    Just waiting for by partners Birthday to be over (to start properly again) as we are eating Chinese tonight... I'm just eating back the fast day I had yesterday... least it'll level out a bit