Cycle 3 Kick-off

Options
lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
1. Basics. Everyone must weigh in on the same scale each week (your scale at home or at the gym or at the doctor, whatever) as close to the same time of day (for you) each week. Try to wear the same weight of clothing (e.g., if you wear shoes for your first weigh in, wear them at each subsequent weigh ins). This keeps things consistent.

2. Calculating the Winning Team. The competition results will be tracked using the percent of body weight loss. The calculation takes your actual weight (each week) and subtracts it from your initial weight. Then this sum is divided by your initial (starting) weight. Don’t worry, I’ll do the calculations. You just need to send me your weight ON TIME each week. The team with the largest % loss at the end of the 12 weeks is the winner.

3. Side Competition. IF you’re interested in tracking inches along with weight, I’m happy to keep track and run comparisons for the group. Provide your measurements with your weight each week and I will determine whether the team concept will work based on the number of people who want to do this. If it’s a small group then individual or duo competition may be constructed. More about this next week when I have a better idea of how many of you are doing this. If you are participating in the side competition, please provide measurements for the following in inches to the nearest ¼ inch: (a) Bust, (b) Waist, (c) Hip, (d) Thigh, (e) Upper arm, and (f) Calf. Please send the same side of the body each week or measure both and average to maintain consistency.

4. Weigh In Reporting. The first weigh in must be done sometime this week (starting Sunday, June 23) and the information is due to me for the baseline or "zero" week. Weigh ins will be weekly each Sunday and will be reported to a team captain so that she can get them to me by 9pm EST. That means if you can't weigh in on the weekend your weight is due FRIDAY. The competition will run for 12 weeks with the final weigh in on Sunday, September 15.

5. Soft start. Additional brides may join during Week 1, provided that they have a weigh in from Saturday/Sunday of this week. I’m doing this because the group just reformed and we’re still picking up returning and new brides each day.

6. Challenges. There are two types of challenges: Group and Team. I will issue the Group Challenge each week (send me your suggestions) and will post it no later than Saturday night. Teams may also issue their own challenges to encourage their teams.

7. Team Formation. For those who have participated before, we'll do the same teams: Delphiniums are past brides from Spring 2013; Daffodils are June - August 2013 brides; Irises are September to December 2013 Brides; Stargazers are 2014 Brides (may have to break you into a couple groups if there are too many); Black-Eyed Susans are brides without a set date AND anyone who wants to play who doesn't have a team or a friend on another team. Remember, it's not just brides here. That's just how we started out. Alums, friends, former brides are all welcome!!!

Replies