Newbie - sleeve on Monday 12th October.

Options
boncharlie
boncharlie Posts: 487 Member
Hi peeps,

I have been lurking for a little while but I just wanted to say hello.

It has been great to read the inspiring personal stories and even better to see the successful progress pictures. I started this process 9 months ago at my first consultants appointment and at my last appointment I had gained 6 kilos over that last 9 months. I really got a stern lecture from both the surgeon and the dietician but it was just what I needed and since then I have lost 12 kilos - I am now headed into my surgery on the 12th of October with a positive mindset :) It would be awesome to join the weight loss journey with you and also get to have a look at some diary's so I can get some ideas during my transition phases - send me a friend request so we can support each other.

:smile: Debs

Replies

• cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Welcome - this is a great group and it's very helpful, essential I'd say, to have a support network be it virtual or physical. I do both, but I find I'm more connected to MFP as I can log in any time from anywhere. Lot's of collective wisdom here. And mostly, it's nice to know you're not alone.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am newer to this group also. I have found everyone to be wonderful. Love reading all the posts and have gained more knowledge on what to expect. Congrats on your upcoming surgery. I have my last appointment on the 12th and then I will find out my surgery date. I sent a request.
  • mjks_mom
    mjks_mom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    New too. Just switched from lose it cause it monitors more things like calcium and iron. My surgery is 10/29. Very nervous. Nice to meet you all
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Welcome all of you! I just had sleeve on August 3, and today is my two month anniversary. What a difference it has made. Feel free to friend me.
  • boncharlie
    Options
    Thanks for the lovely welcome :) have added you guys to friends list.
    Feeling really nervous about surgery... but so ready!!
  • Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on the beginning of a new you!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Awesome to see so many new people! Welcome!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Can't wait to watch your success!
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies! It is great to see so many starting their journey here with everyone else. My RNY is scheduled 10-28 and I know that I have gotten GREAT advice and support from so many. You are definitely in the right place!!
  • mjks_mom
    mjks_mom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the newbies! It is great to see so many starting their journey here with everyone else. My RNY is scheduled 10-28 and I know that I have gotten GREAT advice and support from so many. You are definitely in the right place!!

Kim how exciting yours is one day before mine. How are you tolerating the two week strict liquid diet? Does your surgeon make you do that?
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the newbies! How's everybody doing?
  • boncharlie
    Options
    Well Im one week out now..... things are slowly coming back to normal. The nausea and cramps have been non stop until now but I'm settling nicely into my daily liquid diet and I think that is definitely helping. Looking forward to getting some more steps in this week :smile:
  • kimgravitt3
    kimgravitt3 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Mjks_mom, I'm not tolerating well! I can't stay out of the bathroom. My surgeon had me switch to almond milk, but it's not helping. I'm going to call them tommorrow. I think I'm going to need to take medication for it. It's literally that bad! I have IBD anyway, so I'm thinking it's aggravating the symptoms.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    boncharlie wrote: »
    Well Im one week out now..... things are slowly coming back to normal. The nausea and cramps have been non stop until now but I'm settling nicely into my daily liquid diet and I think that is definitely helping. Looking forward to getting some more steps in this week :smile:

Wonderful! You will find everyday gets better and better, keep plugging and sipping and sipping and sipping :)