Cycle 3 Irises

Options
lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
Congrats to our Autumn Brides!

You're going to be a Mrs. in less than 6 months! How exciting! You must be crazy busy getting your ducks in a row and now that MFP Brides is back you'll have the camaraderie and encouragement to stay the course and hit your wedding day goal!

Check in here and tell us where you're at and what your goals are now that you're within sight of your big day!

Replies

• exquisitecadavre
    Options
    Hey my fellow Irises! =]

So, I'm still stuck between 266 and 268, but I've managed to kick my butt into very steady exercise. I know for me, especially, exercise is beyond important...My body doesn't respond as well to just calorie reduction...

Anyway, I'm hoping to be in the 240s by my wedding. Smaller would be ideal, but when I met by fiance I was in the high 250s, low 260s, so it will be the smallest he has ever seen me, and the smallest I've been in awhile. I also want to drop some inches so I've started doing weight lifting again. =]

Good luck to all you lovely ladies! =]
  • cedixon0
    cedixon0 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi ladies!! Is anyone else going crazy with wedding planning?!? As a result, I have been stuck at around 20 lbs list since the end of the first challenge. I am so glad to be back with my mfp brides to try and lose more before the wedding. So my goal for this 12 weeks is to lose 15 lbs. That would put me a little over 35 lbs lost. Lets get this done!!
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have almost all my ducks in a row with the wedding planning! So thankful, but I just need my weight to get in line with it.

My goal for this challenge is to say Goodbye to 20 pounds and put me down in onederland... I feel like i have been stuck where I am too long which has been my fault after seeing no improvements for a week, I gave up and stopped logging almost.... that didnt work either LOL obviously! I love this type of support group and competition so I am hoping it will help motivate me to move my butt!

Lots of Luck Ladies!
  • irishgrim
    irishgrim Posts: 38
    Options
    I am so excited this is back. I need some serious motivation. About 4 months to my wedding and about 3 months until my first dress fitting. I have been up and down 2-4 pounds depending on the day. I am now the lowest I've been in a month or so. So im super stoked and almost high on that fact.

I am so not stressed about wedding planning. My mom says that I am the most lackadaisical bride ever. I'm relaxed. Someone else pick the stuff. I do not care. As long as it looks nice, people have fun, and my parents don't lose their entire savings, then i'm okay. I am trying to cut costs at any place I can. My mom...trying to add costs. :)

Welcome back ladies!
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am also excited to have another challenge! I stayed at 140 for weeks after the last challenge but unfortunately the last two weeks - three weeks I snuck up to 145 :( SO I need this challenge! I want to hit 135 buy the end of this challenge and 130 for wedding day!

EDIT: Ok so I just saw that the 12 weeks ends sept 15 which is a week after my wedding! (scary how close it is) that means I only have 11 weeks to get to 130!
  • cedixon0
    Options
    Alright, ladies. I need someone to kick my butt into gear. It is only 18 weeks until my wedding and my dress is TIGHT. Well, just the bodice, but still. I gotta lose some weight, and I would love to firm up my arms a little bit before the big (strapless) day! My problem is that I just can't seem to make myself exercise. I like the way I feel afterwards, it's not horrible during, but I'm just LAZY. I can't get up early in the morning, I just snuggle down into bed. I can't do it when I get home, because I just plop down and watch tv.

Help me get motivated!!!
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yay for another challenge. I am looking forward to it keep my accountable. I will get fitted for my dress probably in August, so I really need to work hard these all of July. It's scary how fast our weddings are approaching. Anyone else stressed out? :)
  • thefitcompanion
    thefitcompanion Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello my fellow beautiful brides! I hope everyone's week is going great.

My wedding is October 12, 2013, and my goal for this challenge is to lose 16 pounds. A weird number, I know, but it will put me at 175 lbs, which is a nice, rounded number. I'm currently 191 lbs, but hopefully not for much longer!

Wedding planning is going better than it has recently - we have the venue, the DJ, THE dress, the bridesmaids dresses, and the tuxedos. Our next "battle" is food tasting. Yes please!

I have a bit of further incentive for weight loss. A few bridesmaids and I have a little personal weight loss bet going on FatBet, with the losers buying the winner a bicycle. My competitive streak is at an all time high. It would be an awesome wedding present to be able to ride around my neighborhood on a new bike. ;)
  • cedixon0
    Options
    Happy Sunday evening, everyone! Hope everyone had a good weekend - I, for one, am not ready to be back to work tomorrow, but at least there is a holiday on Thursday and so it'll be a short-ish week. How did everyone do in the challenge this week? I lost 2.6 lbs, but I feel like I lost more than that and am hoping some of it is due to it being right before that lovely time of the month for me. Keep up the hard work, ladies, and keep your eye on the prize!

OT: I ordered six pairs of shoes from Zappo's today to try and find the right wedding pair. Did you guys know about their free shipping and no questions asked return policy? That's insane! So I ordered six pair, will pick which one I want to keep, and they pay for the return shipping on the other five. I love this store!
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I cannot find the right shoes yet! I look everywhere for a mid heel red pumps with a bow, no luck yet. I will have to check out Zappos, that is a sweet return policy. You never know which shoes are comfortable and which are not :)

As for this week I am really trying to stay focused and watch my carb intake.
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Who do i send my weigh in to weekly?
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Who do i send my weigh in to weekly?

I sent mine to Lawerette
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Options
    Here I am -- could someone bring me up to speed?

Not stressed over wedding. The first gown is still going to be the gown I wear to the church. At the church, I'm changing into the gown and a veil a co-worker is making. Groom has no idea of the switch. I had my measurements done for the gown. I need to go back after she cuts the pattern and fabric.

Invites are out... I'm only expecting 25-27 people. So far, I got 9 and that includes me and him.

Been doing a lot of job applications. Here is where I get very frustrated. 20 plus years in human resources plus a Bachelor's degree. Would you believe only the part time entry level positions I am getting interviews for. Just to show I am applying for jobs, I applied at nationally known retailers. Yup, getting called to interview for jobs I did when I was a high school student. Really... no joke.

Weight wise. Unsure what to say. Last week, I did a lot of cardio, strength, yoga and ab. Like what was in cycle 2. Watched my eating. Nothing. No loss, no gain... Nothing.....