Slightly frustrated...maybe you can help :)

Options
pixie_mills
pixie_mills Posts: 103 Member
Well I have done a metabolic reset which lasted over 3 months, after calculating my TDEE it came out around 2000 and something calories. So I was eating at that for a while. Over these 3 months I put on around 7lbs.

4 weeks ago I started my cut, cutting 10% which put me at 1750. In that time I have seen nothing change :( Fluctuating the same 2-3 lbs each week...What do you guys suggest? Should I ride it out? How long should I ride it out for? Should I lower my calories a little more? I am open to any other suggestions...but right now, I just feel like I need help :(

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Just for bad memory reminder - when you started the reset and estimated TDEE - were you clearly on the high side you think?
    Estimated TDEE how, and did you adjust during that time to higher or lower?

Was that 7lb gain slow the whole time, or a fast chunk at first (how much & when) and the rest later?

Food logging accurate with weighing food?

What is the food and exercise activity the day before the weigh-ins that show the 2-3 lb differences?
    Or do you mean through they week they vary that much but by a certain day same weight?

Because if during the week, that's to be expected when maintaining, means normal.
    If you mean 1 week down 2-3 lbs and next week back up, I'd look at what you ate the day or two before weigh-in.

Just confirm valid weigh-in day for stats you could discern something from.
    Morning after rest day eating normal sodium levels, not sore from last workout.
  • pixie_mills
    pixie_mills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    When I reached 2000 ish calories I began to even out, I ate at this for a good 4 weeks or so and didn't gain or lose anything.

The 7lb gain was slow at first, staying the same weight as I started out at for the first month of reset (upping calories gradually) It was where i was hitting the 1900-2000 that I started to gain quicker.

I have a food scale and weigh everything so I'm pretty accurate.

I usually weigh myself once a week the day after rest day. When not sore and eating at normal rates. My sodium intake isn't that high in general.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Just to get this right.

So first month wasn't reset if upping calories gradually, still in a deficit to potential TDEE by some degree then, but since same weight, your literal TDEE was matching your eating level as you increased.

But during the increase of 1900-2000 you gained the 7 lbs?

Then you had a month of eating about 2000 - and didn't gain or lose?

I feel like I'm getting the time line wrong from what you are saying.

So the 7 lbs was gained in 1 week?

And what you said accounts for 2 months and maybe an extra week. What about the 3rd month?

Or did it take you 2 months to increase calories - in which case you only had a reset of 1 month eating at what you think is potential TDEE?