Welcome Back to MFP Brides! (please check in here)

Options
lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
Hello Brides!!!

I've missed you all very much! Between the craziness of the final few weeks before my own wedding and our extended honeymoon, I've been away WAY to long! Before I forget, I want to congratulate all of our newlyweds! I don't know about you all, but I love being married! Every day with my husband feels like such a gift. I know the Delphiniums all understand (and the rest of you will shortly!!) For those who are still pre-wedding, congrats to you as well! You still have time to go to reach your wedding day goals.

For all Cycle 3 participants, please check in here and tell us where you're at and what your goals are for Cycle 3 :)

Replies

• lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Despite our lengthy honeymoon, I only gained 10lbs from wedding day (that's 14lbs up overall). Fast forward 10 days and I've lost 2 pounds already. That's 166lbs as my Week 0 weight in.

I have two weight goals for Cycle 3: I need to be at least Wedding Day weight for our Blessing Ceremony in 4 weeks since I'm wearing my wedding dress for that (WHAT was I thinking?!). That's 8lbs by Week 4. My second goal of 145 is for the 12-week contest (20lbs loss over 12 weeks). I'm nervous that such a low goal is not possible since I haven't been under 150 since High School, but when I thought about setting the goal at 150, I realized that I wouldn't be challenging myself enough to just shoot for 15lbs in 12 weeks. I know I can do better than that if I truly commit to the process of eating well and exercising regularly. And I really want this - both for myself and for my yet-to-be-conceived babies. They deserve a healthy mommy. And that's where I'm going to try to get this Cycle.

Who's with me???!
  • astepbysteph
    astepbysteph Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm so looking forward to a new challenge - thanks so much for getting another one going. I have been sitting at the same 185 for more than a month now and it has been very frustrating/depressing. I would really love to lose another 10-15 pounds before I go wedding dress shopping. I really need to kick it into high gear.

So, my goal by the end of these 12 weeks would be to be at 170. I want to increase my water intake and do more strength training. I need you ladies to motivate me and keep my focused!! :)
  • exquisitecadavre
    Options
    Hey!
    I am definitely looking forward this new challenge. =]

I've been hovering between 266 and 268 which I am not happy about, but I figured it is what it is at the moment. I can work harder...I will work harder! I would like to be at 250 by the end of the challenge, so around 16lbs. I would also like to lose some inches in my chest, waist, arms, and hips. I just need to remember to log that.

=]
  • ElvisBaby88
    ElvisBaby88 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    I am really looking forward to a new challenge! I have been hovering at 181 for a few weeks until the past two weeks I was a bridesmaid for a wedding and then spent a week out of town for business- so I weighed in today at 183. Not bad but I would love to hit the the low 170s by the end of this 12 week challenge. It would be great if I can lose 10-15 pounds in 12 weeks! I still have about a year away until my wedding but I am really focused and determined to drop the weight! I am trying the -20% tdee, doing 1 day of cardio (spinning) and 2 days weight lifting (rip class) however I want to add more exercise to my routine. Super Excited to start up again!
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hey brides :)

I weighed in on my wedding day at 136lbs and 133lbs is my lowest weight. I'm now back up at 139.6lbs and I really want to get down to my GW of 120lbs this year 2013.

I'm back to my exercise routine but I am finding it hard to really make eating well a priority. I need to refocus post wedding and get back on the way down on the scale.

For 12 weeks I'd like to get down to 129.9lbs, e.g. get in to the 120s !

SW 139.4lbs
    GW 129.9lbs

Where and how are we logging in?
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Hey There, I sat out a couple seasons ... now I am back in the game! I have not had much luck away :noway: So, I decided I needed to come back and get with it. My wedding in Dec. is fastly approaching!

My Goal is to lose 20 pounds in the next twelve weeks. That puts me at about 1.6 pounds a week.
    To get to this goal, I am hoping to start a boot camp (My problem is i am pretty dependent on others when it comes to working out, I don't want to do it alone.... but isee the need to get over that!) I will up my water intake and start measuring my food intake better.

Good luck everyone! :smile: Let's Do This! :laugh:
  • EvetteMarquez
    EvetteMarquez Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining 177ish for about 2 months now. Considering my starting weight was 219 in November I feel this is great BUT my ultimate goal is to be a healthy weight. 177 is not healthy for me. So my goal for this cycle is to be 159. This is completely doable for me I just need to keep my head in the game. My UGW is 130 I will get there in time. I loved the support I got in the first cycle so I'm looking forward to doing this again. (I'm not a bride just a supporter ;D) Lets do this ladies!
  • irishgrim
    irishgrim Posts: 38
    Options
    I am so ready to get this going again. Weight has been up 3-4 pounds since the last one.
    I need this. I am only 4 months away from the wedding and 3 months away from the first dress fitting.
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    So I stayed at 140 for a while after the last challenge.. but over the last two weeks I started running more and appearently took the liberty to eat more too :( So for this challenge I am started out at 145.6 :( I need this challenge! I would love to reach 130 in the 12 weeks... but I feel that a more appropriate and reachable goal will be 135. So the stats are as follows:

Current weight (start) : 145.6
    Goal weight at end: 135
    Extended goal weight: 130

Bust; 36
    under bust: 31
    waist: 29
    Hip: 40.5
    Arm: 11.5
    R thigh: 24.3

Destanie
  • Jill4165
    Jill4165 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yay! Can't wait for the new challenge. I would like to lose 10 lbs before my wedding. I am feeling good where I am at but 10 lbs would be awesome. I really need to also work on toning my arms and legs up.
  • ferd_franzinand
    ferd_franzinand Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join in. I would ultimately like to these last 10 lbs. However, it's difficult because I weight train and my weight loss has been slow.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just joined. I'm getting married next fall :)

Gained a few pounds back and would like to get back to where I was and good use some support!
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Hey Brides!

It's good to be back! Between the wedding and honeymoon, I got up from 163 to 173, but I'm already back down to 167. My goal for this cycle is 155. 158 is my lowest weight on this WL journey! We've started marathon training, so if I keep up with that and stay on target, I should be at a better racing weight in no time! I'll update this with my measurements soon.

Let's do this!!! :)
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So Excited to start another challenge. I have started weight trainer with a personal trainer so even though I am at 189, my inches have dropped greatly. Weight loss may be slow this time around, but I am going to focus more on inches.

My wedding is Aug 4, so about 5 weeks away and fast approaching. I have had two fittings, and my final is July 9th. My dress fits perfectly, and I would like to lose at least 5 pounds so I can enjoy my wedding food and drink, and not feel like I am squished into my dress.

SW- 189lbs
    GW- 184lbs for the wedding,

Thats five more pounds by the wedding. My honeymoon is Sept 11, so if I could lose 10 lbs in the next 12 weeks that would be great.

UGW- 179lbs for honeymoon.
  • redrio37
    redrio37 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I missed out on your previous challenges, but I'd love to start in on this next one! My wedding is August 24th. I'm planning to lose 15 more pounds before then which is just under 2 pounds per week. I've had a hard time staying disciplined and a group challenge is just what I need!
  • Destanie_Robyn
    Destanie_Robyn Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hey Brides!

It's good to be back! Between the wedding and honeymoon, I got up from 163 to 173, but I'm already back down to 167. My goal for this cycle is 155. 158 is my lowest weight on this WL journey! We've started marathon training, so if I keep up with that and stay on target, I should be at a better racing weight in no time! I'll update this with my measurements soon.

Let's do this!!! :)

Awesome! I just started marathon training too! Mine is in December... when is yours?
  • denalilove
    denalilove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I'm new here and very happy to have found you all! I'm getting married next September but I want to get a jump-start on my weight loss!

Last Summer I accidentally gained almost 20 pounds, and being overweight already, this was unacceptable to me. I started losing weight in January and then when I got proposed to in February, I knew I had to get serious!! I've lost those 20 pounds and am at 147 now (at 5'4") which is almost the lowest I've ever weighed. I hope to use this challenge to finally get closer to my goal weight. I'm aiming to lose 10 pounds during this challenge, but I will be very happy with any loss. :)
  • thefitcompanion
    thefitcompanion Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Let's try this again!

I was initially involved in Cycle 1, but life reared up, hit me in the face, and I decided to let the referee count me out ala boxing style. I'm pulling a Rocky, and I'm jumping back into the game.

I'm getting married this October - so very excited! I have spent the last three weeks really focusing on my calorie intake, and this week I have started walking/Dance Central with Xbox, so I am getting into a good routine. My ultimate goal is to reach 140/150 lbs, but for this challenge, I am looking to at least hit 175 lb.

It's going to help that some of my bridesmaids and I have a little personal weight loss bet going on FatBet, with the losers buying the winner a bicycle. My competitive streak is at an all time high. It would be an awesome wedding present to be able to ride around my neighborhood on a new bike. ;)

Height: 5'7
    SW: 191 lb on Sunday
    CGW: 175 lb for MFP Brides
    UGW: 140/150 lb --- and/or healthy, rocking, and with tons of energy!
  • Sarahsarahsarahk
    Sarahsarahsarahk Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! I love being married as well!! I have put some weight back on between the honeymoon and just eating out a lot!

I was at my all time low for my wedding day 127, and am back up to 142 today. I would like to be 133. so 9 lbs!
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm back! I'm down to 173-175 (water weight :ohwell: ) so I'm looking to get back at it! My wedding is October 4, 2014 so a ways to go yet but my goal is to fit into a size 10 sample dress at a boutique here. Fingers crossed :) Lets do this!