compulsive overeating

Options
Uh, I honestly don't know what I'm doing here. Venting I guess this app works great if I stick to it but the truth is, my life is a roller coaster because of the choices I've made and when I start to think of them I binge eat. Running myself to death in the gym for sometimes of month or more dropping 20 to 30 ponds only to put it back on in record time when something goes wrong and I go on a uncontrolled eating binge for weeks at a time. I'm slowly killing myself or at lest destroying the chemical balance in my body but I don't know how to stop the cycle!!!

Replies

• kaihunter45
    kaihunter45 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi blakkat. Have you talked to your doctor or a counselor about this? I underwent some serious counseling for food addiction to learn how to use healthy things for coping mechanisms. To discover I want this horrible person I thought I was.

You see the pattern now you need some help in changing it. Keep your head up and hang on!
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Good advice given above. There are medical solutions to those roller coasters. You may be subconsciously treating a chemical imbalance-- ?? Having family members with bipolar tendencies has given me a new appreciation for those neurotransmitters.
  • blakkat7506
    blakkat7506 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thank you both so much for your response. you have no idea how much of relief that was to get my issues with food off my chest and not be judged for it. :) I will attempt to follow up with my PCP and I have already been considering some counseling.
  • fruitydelicious
    fruitydelicious Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I also recommend counseling! It is a sanity saver for me. I have binge issues as well. Eating clean has helped me immensely!! I don't feel like a slave to food anymore. I hope to one day to be able to have a treat every once in awhile but right now I have to abstain completely. Just something for you to think about. It took me over a year of thinking about clean eat to actually have enough determination to do it. Or start making small changes you can sustain for a lifetime. Wishing you all the best on your weight loss journey!!