Weight Loss in the wrong places?

Options
Jmeisalive
Jmeisalive Posts: 38 Member
So I've dropped a few lbs, but it seems that it is all (unfortunately) coming from my upper body. I look semi bony up top, but thick (in comparison) below. I have been doing cardio, eating healthy, and strength training...
I know weight doesn't necessarily come off uniformly, but I'd rather not look like two different people stitched together at the waist...what to do?

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Tagging
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    You accept your genetics?

I have a lean torso but still have more fat then I wish in my legs. One thing that helped balanced me was heavy lifting, that way I have gained muscle in my shoulders.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    This totally happened to me too. My chest, back, arms, waist...all shrank quickly (went from a DD to an A bra!). You can see ribs on my chest (it still creeps me out just a little). The weight around my middle, front and back, and on my butt, is being extremely stubborn. I'd say I've noticed a pretty big change in the last 2 months though...it's finally starting to catch up. There's not much you can do about it though, I don't think. I've filled out the muscles in my upper body and chest a bit with lifting, though, and that helps with the scrawny top issue :P
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Hi. I think you totally just described my body. Keep at it. I lost at first up top too, and eventually--- you will lose in other places too. For me my outer thighs and butt are the first places I gain, and last places I lose.

Keep at it. You'll get where you want to be, as it will catch up.

eta: and I agree with the other two posters about the heavy lifting / muscle definition to balance it out up on top.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You cannot change where fat is distributed without the use of surgery. My only advice is to accept it :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    So I've dropped a few lbs, but it seems that it is all (unfortunately) coming from my upper body. I look semi bony up top, but thick (in comparison) below. I have been doing cardio, eating healthy, and strength training...
    I know weight doesn't necessarily come off uniformly, but I'd rather not look like two different people stitched together at the waist...what to do?
    I feel your pain. I was talking to a friend with the same problem about motorcycle 1 and 2 piece suits and how I practically have to buy 2 several sizes up for my bottom, rip out the zippers to put another one on so it's not sitting lopsided and that would fit me. We were relating ourselves to...I'm not going to say because people get easily offended and would likely report me for lack of humor.

All I can say is continue what you're doing. The clothing industry sucks, maybe they'll eventually catch on, and there's nothing wrong with your shape. Many people have the same problem and a pear can look pretty damn dandy.
    black,white,photo,manipulation,woman,pear,woman,beauty,sexy-c0c9e9d34c73016c3ca6b536f1479ea6_h.jpg
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Hi. I think you totally just described my body. Keep at it. I lost at first up top too, and eventually--- you will lose in other places too. For me my outer thighs and butt are the first places I gain, and last places I lose.

Keep at it. You'll get where you want to be, as it will catch up.

eta: and I agree with the other two posters about the heavy lifting / muscle definition to balance it out up on top.

^^this.

Also, there is a degree of having to accept genetics.

I start getting a but scrawny around my sternum before the weight comes off my *kitten* to any appreciable degree. There are certain things you can do to help with regard to working on aspects of your physique, but at the end of the day, you may have to make the decision of keeping a little extra on the donk v getting too lean for your preference on your top half.
This discussion has been closed.