Fish tacos with mango slasa

Options
trishk82
trishk82 Posts: 27 Member
lypc51g2en74.jpg

I got this recipe idea from Pinterest. Originally the recipe called for shrimp, but I didn't have any, so I used talapia instead. I just buy the big bag of frozen talapia fillets.

Recipe:

Talapia:
(2) 4-ounce frozen talpaia fillets
Season with Old Bay, Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder.
I cook it in a skillet with some coconut oil

Mango Salsa:
(1) Peach
(1/2) Jalapeno
(1/4) Red Onion
(1/4 cup) Cherry Tomatoes
Cilantro-however much you want
I also added a lot of lime juice to the salsa because I love lime!

I used La Banderita-Whole Wheat Flour Toritllas, and put them over the flame on my stove top for a few seconds (I left one on for a little bit too long, as you can see in the picture, but it was still good)

Time to assemble your tacos!

I cut up half of an avocado and laid it out on the tortillas, next I put the talapia on, and then I put on a spoonful of the mango salsa. This was enough to make 3 tacos. It is really good, filling, and healthy! Also there is enough mango salsa to last for making more tacos later. I have eaten these two days in a row, and I still have quite a bit of salsa left. I hope everyone enjoys it! =)

Replies

• trishk82
    Options
    The calories on this according to MFP is 646 calories for three tacos. It isn't 100% accurate, because I couldn't gauge the calorie content of the mango salsa, so I just picked a random mango salsa from the search list. Sorry about that.
  • brannewmee
    brannewmee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love fish tacos. Are you just baking your fish? 646 seems a little high for fish and salsa but add on the tortillas and maybe. Thanks for the recipe. I usually make a cabbage, cilantro, and sour cream sauce for my tacos but the mango salsa sounds amazing!
  • trishk82
    Options
    I thought the same thing. I think it is because of the tortillas. I just bake mine in a pan on the stove top with a little coconut oil.
  • kevingacke
    kevingacke Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious. When calculating calorie content using fresh produce I use the calorie amount for each item, combine the items, and figure out how many servings it makes. Total calorie amount/servings should = calories/serving. I think this more accurate than trying to find something close, although I have done that also.
  • brannewmee
    brannewmee Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    kevingacke wrote: »
    Sounds delicious. When calculating calorie content using fresh produce I use the calorie amount for each item, combine the items, and figure out how many servings it makes. Total calorie amount/servings should = calories/serving. I think this more accurate than trying to find something close, although I have done that also.

I agree! I have fish tacos about twice a month and that's how I do it. But with mango salsa, still yet to try
  • nujdawg
    nujdawg Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Where's the mango?
  • trishk82
    Options
    Sorry, I don't know why my brain keeps wanting to say mango. I meant peach.
  • FitterDad08
    FitterDad08 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I was wondering where the mango's were myself. I love both mango or peach salsa. I have been looking for a good way to do fish tacos. I will definitely be trying this. Thank you for posting this.
  • lishnewman16
    lishnewman16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Can you use any type of fish ? What else would you suggest ?
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    We like chopped seedless cucumber,red or yellow peppers,finely shredded cabbage. Add you seasonings of choice along with small container of plain greek yogurt.Chill