Multitasking while...

Options
ki4eld
ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
...setting up computers and printers and talking to Staff Wellness about my "strange" diet. Long story short, I do Disaster IT for the Red Cross and I'm in California for the wildfires. I'm doing my darnedest to eat right while I'm here, despite the carb fest table outside of my office.

After a few days of me replying "thanks, but no" I got a little visit from Staff Wellness who was concerned I wasn't eating. *sigh* I'm eating, I just don't think 95% of the stuff on the snack table is acceptable food, except on the days I'm required by my doctor to carb cycle. Even then, it's not acceptable, just what I'm required to do.

In the middle of all of this, I still have work to do. So, here I lay on the floor, while 8 people pepper me with questions about keto, IF, bariatric surgery, macros, and networked printers. Hey, at least one of them stayed on task.

On the upside, I got them to order some more keto-friendly snacks, so I should have string cheese and tuna packets in here soon. I think I managed to convert 1, another is interested, and the 2 nurses want to run experiments on me. Well, that last one isn't entirely true. Ok, it *is* true, but they're happy just following me and asking questions.

One asked, "So, with the low carbs, don't you feel tired?" My response, "Well, I think the 17-hr work days for 6 days a week are more to blame." Science people. SCIENCE!

Ok, back to doing some actual work. I have cat-5 to run for an IP phone. Y'all behave.

Replies

• sweetteadrinker2
    sweetteadrinker2 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    If I lived closer I'd feed you, actual food. Im about an hour and a half from the fire zones. We were part of the evacuation for livestock and part of the donation gathering team.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    If I lived closer I'd feed you, actual food. Im about an hour and a half from the fire zones. We were part of the evacuation for livestock and part of the donation gathering team.

Thanks. The hospitality of the area has been amazing. There's so much still to do even a month later. I really wish I didn't need to be here though!
  • DianaElena76
    DianaElena76 Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    I have nothing to add except to say that I <3 this post. :)