Looking for friends to help encourage and motivate

Options
2»

Replies

• BunnyBomb
    BunnyBomb Posts: 143 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hey all! I'm currently 174lbs and want to get down to 149lbs - eek 25 lbs!

I was 149lbs up until February 2015 then a rotten disability in one leg, hip, foot & shoulder began to take its toll on my activity levels. Suddenly the pounds seemed to fly on at a rate I never expected. It seemed like one day I woke up and things that fit me only a few weeks before wouldn't zip up! I take responsibility for this though. There is more I could have been doing with my diet and with my cross trainer... I wasn't paying close enough attention and... to be perfectly honest I feel like I've blobbed about on the couch feeling sorry for myself for most of the year...

No more!! No excuses!! I started using MFP to track my food and a Fitbit to track activity on 17 December, so this is day 10! In that time I've lost 6 lbs so here's hoping it continues! The arthritis will flare up and give me bad days, I know that and I'm prepared for them, I just need to make sure they don't erode my motivation.

For me I feel like the weight loss part is easy, as I have discipline in spades, it's the "fighting against something out of my control" that will be tough, and potentially slow my progress.

I would really LOVE to have some friends to share motivation with so feel free to add me
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Okay, truth be told I've been off and on 'the wagon' for the past few years. I am 44, mom to 4 kids ranging from 20 to 7 yrs. old. I am 5'4 and currently 139 lbs. I would ideally like to get back so somewhere in the mid 120's region. I would love to add friends to motivate and give motivation to as well as be accountable to.
  • crossfreddy
    crossfreddy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hiya you can add me if you want - I'm fairly new to mfp so not even sure how to do that! I'm 5ft 4 (and a half!)", weighed at 152 lbs yesterday. I'm just getting back into running again following a knee injury. I've just started using a c25k app.