New to Ketosis- weight seems to be coming off faster then expected

I started dieting 9 weeks ago. Lost 6 pounds in the first 7 weeks. Just calorie restriction. I started LCHF two weeks ago. 6 pounds off since entering Ketosis. Not water weight because I am on BP meds that control that and I have almost doubled my water intake in the last two weeks. Eating the same amount of calories the whole 9 weeks.

Does weight really come off this fast on Ketosis?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    It does in the beginning, and even with your BP meds, carbs hold in water to process themselves. Like 3 oz of carbs hold in 1 oz. of water, or vice versa. So when you stop eating the carbs, you don't have anything that needs that water to process, and so you don't hold in that excess water that is automatically held in to process the carbs.

And it will come off quick at first for most folks. Then some will stall, some will gain, some will slow the rate, and some will keep losing at a good clip. No one knows exactly why. They critical thing is to take pictures and measurements, because when one thing is changing, the others tend to slow. So when I would show scale losses, my inches would stay the same. And when the scale would slow, I would drop inches, etc. And I'm still shocked by pictures in the same weight range sometimes!

Keto is a process of patience. Go minimum of 4 weeks, preferably 12 weeks, before trying to change things... And remember anytime your losses slow or stop for a while, to look at the NSV's and have faith that your body is healing or fixing something, or catching it's breath, or what have you... It works if you let it.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    It'll slow down so enjoy it while it lasts :)