cabbage anyone??

brannewmee
brannewmee Posts: 30 Member
I saw a recipe for cabbage steak today and thought I would try it. I put a little olive oil, minced garlic and season all seasoning on half a cabbage and mixed it together. I baked it for about 30 minuets and it was delicious!! A must try!!

Replies

• GreenHeather2014
    GreenHeather2014 Posts: 74 Member
    I'm a huge fan of cabbage (I have a batch of kraut fermenting right now). I've also made "fried cabbage steak" by pan frying it w/ a little olive oil and S&P until it's brown. Delish. Can also be fried with butter, for those who like /can eat dairy.
  • dhechv
    dhechv Posts: 1 Member
    brannewmee, what oven temp did you use? thanks :)
  • brannewmee
    dhechv wrote: »
    brannewmee, what oven temp did you use? thanks :)

Hi.. I baked it at 350 for about 30 min
  • bandedup
    bandedup Posts: 17 Member
    I've seen lots of recipes out there for cabbage soup. I plan on trying some this weekend. It's so cheap now
  • brannewmee
    bandedup wrote: »
    I've seen lots of recipes out there for cabbage soup. I plan on trying some this weekend. It's so cheap now

It's amazing. It just takes on the flavors you give it! I love making chicken noodle soup (without the noodle) and adding cabbage to it. It's great
  • Ginny218
    Ginny218 Posts: 194 Member
    shrimp with warm cabbage link in another post i did.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    If you are going to make cabbage soup ... here is a tip that my mom taught me ... summer cabbage makes a looser head than winter cabbage and is more tender so when you make soup out of it, you put it into the pot last. Winter cabbage makes a hard dense head with the leaves difficult to separate ... this one goes into the soup pot first.