Week 1 Oct Check-In: Week of October 6, 2015

Options
CatAlii
CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
Week 1 Oct Check-In: Week of October 6, 2015
Welcome to 4 months, 20 lbs, a group of people supporting and encouraging each other in our journey to better health 5 lbs at a time until the new year. The idea behind this group is, by setting smaller more attainable goals, we will be more likely to succeed at our long term goals. We started this 4 month cycle last week on September 1, 2015 but feel free to jump in any time!

I will post a check-in thread every Monday (or the night before) but if you prefer to check-in on another day please do that. You can also check-in with whatever data you have from your most recent weigh-in or you can wait until your weigh-in day.

By checking in each week, we can assess which goals and resolutions are working, which aren’t, and improve them for the next week. Thank you so much for being a part of this group. Here's to reaching our 2015 goals! Have a wonderful week. :smiley:

To get started, please copy and paste the four items below in your post:
Weight loss goal for October:
Net weight loss from October 1st:
Favorite motivators:
Resolutions for this week:

Replies

• CatAlii
    CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for October: 5 lbs
    Net weight loss from October 1st: 0 lbs
    Favorite motivators: Losing weight!
    Resolutions for this week: Track and move more!

Sorry I'm a day late! Since we checked in last Monday and again on October 1st, I forgot we should check on this Monday as well! No change for me since October 1st - I'm going to aim for another 5 pounds lost this month. It's a crazy month so it's going to be tough. I'm going to try not to resort to too many "quick" meals.

Hope everyone had a great week! And if you didn't, I hope this week is much better. Please check-in so we can support each other. That's what we're here for!
  • matthewsfive
    matthewsfive Posts: 836 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Weight loss goal for October: 5
    Net weight loss from October 1st: Started @189.6lbs -3.4 currently @ 186.2lbs
    Favorite motivators: gain in weight
    Resolutions for this week: too keep focusing and take it 1 day at a time

September started out great up till the third week i was down 7.8 pounds almost at my goal of 8 pounds. I ended the month and the first week of October up 3.4 pounds. Not the way i thought i would end up the month of September especially since i had lost 7.8 pounds. After getting on the scale and seeing the number 189.6 it made me sick and i was hit hard. I can't believe that i allowed myself to sabotage my own journey the way i did. Yesterday i had enough and refocused and it showed on the scale. Down 3.4 pounds, i know its mostly water but it still a loss. So here is to a better month.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for October: 5
    started off october at 145 Now I'm at 144.5 down a .5 lb
    Favorite motivators: people nagging me about my weight loss. 2. I really like how I look in my clothes.
    resolution for this week: Make a decision about work decide if I want the new position or if I want to stay in the position I'm at.

I totally feel stressed and my goal is to try and stay calm keep on the steady path and when all else fails just exercise. :#
  • ForMe2No
    ForMe2No Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Weight loss goal for October: 8lbs
    Net weight loss from October 1st:-4.1
    Favorite motivators: scales, others success stories
    Resolutions for this week: Try to stay positive try to see the good things instead of pointing out the negative

I weigh in on Fridays so I will be have 5 weigh ins this month instead of 4 and although I'm halfway at my goal for the month, I'm anxious and doubt that I will make it. I really do need to calm down and take it one day at a time. Good luck ladies! Let's do this!