Options
maoribadger
maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
Wakey wakey peeps

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Luckily, I'm awake. Just haven't been up to keeping convos going single-handedly. I'm all over the place, as usual.

Cari is taking some time off MFP at the moment. Might be back closer to the end of the month. She's struggling, but is on a plan with doctors and WLS docs to get things back on track. I think she's already lost like 12 pounds in 2-3 weeks! :)

Don't think I have tabs on anyone else.

Had been worried about you. How are things?
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Things are a bit tough here if im honest. Im stress eating and eating way too much, barely training and have gained 7-8lb
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I pop in every day, but not seeing anything going on I've been mostly looking at the LCD forum. I had a near miss with a stress induced binge eating session yesterday. Thankfully I stopped myself before getting out of control.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Things are a bit tough here if im honest. Im stress eating and eating way too much, barely training and have gained 7-8lb

Still waiting on appointments? New meds not helping? Or just life sucking as usual?? (HUGS) Hey, did you rearrange your sitting room and get your light set up again?????

mrron2u wrote: »
    I pop in every day, but not seeing anything going on I've been mostly looking at the LCD forum. I had a near miss with a stress induced binge eating session yesterday. Thankfully I stopped myself before getting out of control.

Good for you, Ron!!! That's great. My last night was silly...ate something - and I KNEW better...but wanted it and owned it, and paying for it today... BLECH> Getting past a stress-eating trigger is huge... *high five*
  • mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Hey, did you rearrange your sitting room and get your light set up again?????

I don't mean to but in to you guys conversation, but this statement reminded me of something. My wife was recently diagnosed as Bipolar 2 and her mom gave her this special light to use. Supposedly it helps with mood or something like that. Anyway, she took it to work and uses it everyday. She forgot to turn it on yesterday morning and we had lunch together. She looked pretty down (and she has been improving recently). I asked her about her light and she remembered she hadn't turned it on. Well after lunch she gets near her light and by the end of the day she was in a way better place. This light thing seems to be a miracle!

So long story short is this the kind of light that you guys are talking about?

• KnitOrMiss
    Options
    mrron2u wrote: »
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    Hey, did you rearrange your sitting room and get your light set up again?????

I don't mean to but in to you guys conversation, but this statement reminded me of something. My wife was recently diagnosed as Bipolar 2 and her mom gave her this special light to use. Supposedly it helps with mood or something like that. Anyway, she took it to work and uses it everyday. She forgot to turn it on yesterday morning and we had lunch together. She looked pretty down (and she has been improving recently). I asked her about her light and she remembered she hadn't turned it on. Well after lunch she gets near her light and by the end of the day she was in a way better place. This light thing seems to be a miracle!

So long story short is this the kind of light that you guys are talking about?

Lise is very deficient in Vitamin D - and has SAD (seasonal affective disorder). She has a sunlight lamp that she is supposed to sit under a certain amount of time a day. (She works at lot of overnights as an emergency room/a&e nurse, so isn't out and about in the sun as much as maybe a day worker would be, and that compounds an underlying issue - plus living in Britain, I'm not sure if she lives in one of the areas that's sunnier than some others...)

I imagine this is likely similar to the light your wife uses.

Lise and her family moved a few months back, and she hasn't unpacked it in the new place yet...well, she hasn't rearranged to make room for it, as last I heard...
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Hey Carly, Ron

Yeah as Carly said ive got SAD and have 10000 lux light for it, I do find it helps when I use it. As yet havent rearranged the sittingroom but on holiday this week so its on my to do list. Yeah still waiting on appointments. CBT has started but the ME clinic havent got back to me yet. New meds do actually seem to be helping esp with anxiety. But having ongoing problems with my youngest daughter and have had to engage with the school to get some help and finding it all particularly stressful as it feels really intrusive. Shes only 4 bless her but we are all struggling. I havent been able to find the werewithal to make myself get back on plan, gyms dropped right off and I know its affecting my mood and motivation. I know only I can change it though so Im making plans to use my week off to best effect
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Hey Carly, Ron

Yeah as Carly said ive got SAD and have 10000 lux light for it, I do find it helps when I use it. As yet havent rearranged the sittingroom but on holiday this week so its on my to do list. Yeah still waiting on appointments. CBT has started but the ME clinic havent got back to me yet. New meds do actually seem to be helping esp with anxiety. But having ongoing problems with my youngest daughter and have had to engage with the school to get some help and finding it all particularly stressful as it feels really intrusive. Shes only 4 bless her but we are all struggling. I havent been able to find the werewithal to make myself get back on plan, gyms dropped right off and I know its affecting my mood and motivation. I know only I can change it though so Im making plans to use my week off to best effect

Sending the hugest of hugs! Trying times with a 4 year old in need of school assistance... Yeah, just hugs.

I would enlist your hubby to help you get the sitting room rearranged. I'm sure he's noticed your mood shifts. I would tell him, "Best way to help me, help me do this task so that it can be off my list, and I can help my moods. You can help make that happen for me!" I know you are a strong, powerful, and independent woman Lise, but we do not have to do everything.

I'm sending some good thoughts toward the school stuff. And getting back in the gym would likely help manage those stressful moments and frustrations! Not to mention just getting out of the house away from your beloved kiddos long enough to catch your breath and come back swinging with a refreshed attitude...

HUGS, HUGS, and HUGS
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thanks Carly. Well Ive sorted out the sittingroom and am sitting typing this with my light on. Mr J has also said hes back on plan with me from tomorrow as we have a weekend off together so we can go shopping. Next step is dealing with my little miss. At best shes having behaviourial issues and at worst im concerned she might be autistic so am having to work with the school to try and work out where I go next. TBH between that and the tiredness from the new meds and the ME the exercise has dropped down my priority list but next week am thinking I will have had the meeting with the school and more idea of where we are going and can look at that afterwards.
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Thanks Carly. Well Ive sorted out the sittingroom and am sitting typing this with my light on. Mr J has also said hes back on plan with me from tomorrow as we have a weekend off together so we can go shopping. Next step is dealing with my little miss. At best shes having behaviourial issues and at worst im concerned she might be autistic so am having to work with the school to try and work out where I go next. TBH between that and the tiredness from the new meds and the ME the exercise has dropped down my priority list but next week am thinking I will have had the meeting with the school and more idea of where we are going and can look at that afterwards.

I wish I had a UK resource I could offer to help you through that process. Here in the States I know many advocates who've dealt with that!!! It is scary how common autism is getting, but honestly, with early diagnosis and treatment, she can easily go on to live a fully normal life!!!! Actually, my friend @InADarkRoom is autistic herself, so maybe she could offer personal insight, if you're interested (she's in the UK, too)...

I'm so so SOOOOO beyond happy that you've got your light up... I hope it makes megawatts of difference quickly. I'm also thrilled that Mr. J is back on board with you. That makes life so much easier.

I just wish you ease, a break, some peace, some light in that tunnel, and peaceful sleep. Super huge hugs, Lise.
  • maoribadger
    Options
    Thankyou hon. The good thoughts and hugs are very welcomed.

My best friends daughter has aspergers so I do have a good resource to pull on luckily and shes been brilliant in listening to me and helping me come to the decision to go to the school for help and support. Without her I'd probably still be struggling on. My babys insanely clever and sensitive and funny so I know that no matter what she will be just fine regardless of whether its autism or behavioural issues and I will deal with whatever arises as it does so i think its just a really stressful time dealing with all of her....quirks.

Used the light for over an hour yesterday and today to try and idk 'build it up' a little. Im not sure if thats even possible.

Hows things with everyone else
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    Struggling as usual, here, but I think my guy finally really heard me about how much a strain things are on me, even if I don't show it all the time... I really made him thoughtful, so I'm hoping to see some more motivation out of him, though with his depression, I just dunno...

But, I did get to play mad scientist on Sunday....bottled up my Kombucha for a second ferment (where you add flavors) and started a new batch. Mainly concerned that the first batch didn't really run long enough, but willing to accept that fact as a growing pain. So excited to try my own, aside from just sampling!

Need to go do bloodwork for my 6 month follow up with my endocrinologist, but this morning, it didn't work out... Plan to go in the morning. Excited to see what progress I've made regarding my IR, and all my nonsense, though I think all the stress triggered a female cycle, which I haven't had in forevers!

Sending huge hugs all around (anyone wanna dog pile a group hug with me?)... Hope Monday's started off a decent week for all...we could surely use it!
  • maoribadger
    Options
    How was the kombucha. Saw.you have had problems with your bloods sorry for that.

I went for a meeting at the school today and started the early help process. So far it was just a lot of note taking and talking and probably won't hear anything til after the half term holidays now. But it was hard opening up to a total stranger about such private stuff. Makes me want to eat
  • KnitOrMiss
    Options
    I'm so glad you did, though. Parenting is hard!!! But you're doing the best thing for your daughter. That's priceless... If you decide to eat, make it good stuff!

My kombucha is still doing it's second ferment...probably won't be drinkable until Sunday or next week, maybe? I think I rushed it, as my brew was slow going...I should have waited another several days. I definitely will this time!