Butter Coffee, Hunger, and Traveling

Hi all! I was finally able to fix my banner so my weight loss is correct now. I would love to hear about everyone's experience with keeping calories high enough when hunger is SO LOW. Today I added 2 T cream to the buttercoffee, and only had one small meal at dinner. So now MFP won't let me post it bc it came in under 1200. So, I am just going to start doing a quick add of 1200 cals to days where I don't meet the 1440. I have my goals set to 80'%f, 15%p, 5%c, and also a hard 20g carbs....so I think that brings my cals to 1440. SOooooo, I always thought avoiding eating was a GOOD thing. My hunger was just not present today at all.

Which brings me to next question. Traveling. My hunger may be off bc my father is dying and I will need to be traveling soon. I'm thinking if I just make sure I have the stuff for my buttercoffee, then the rest should be easier. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

Replies

• Standsfast
    Standsfast Posts: 77 Member
    *hugs* So sorry to hear about your dad, Scary. Death sucks. Anticipating death sucks. The whole deal sucks. How can the sun keep coming up every morning after all the nightmares in life?
    But you have to keep waking up and living your life because you are not done yet.
    I agree with having supplies for butter coffee. I recommend decaf at this time. Don't worry if you don't feel like eating for a while. You may feel more like tea instead of coffee (chamomile especially).
    We are thinking of you. *more hugs*
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Hi all! I was finally able to fix my banner so my weight loss is correct now. I would love to hear about everyone's experience with keeping calories high enough when hunger is SO LOW. Today I added 2 T cream to the buttercoffee, and only had one small meal at dinner. So now MFP won't let me post it bc it came in under 1200. So, I am just going to start doing a quick add of 1200 cals to days where I don't meet the 1440. I have my goals set to 80'%f, 15%p, 5%c, and also a hard 20g carbs....so I think that brings my cals to 1440. SOooooo, I always thought avoiding eating was a GOOD thing. My hunger was just not present today at all.

Which brings me to next question. Traveling. My hunger may be off bc my father is dying and I will need to be traveling soon. I'm thinking if I just make sure I have the stuff for my buttercoffee, then the rest should be easier. Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, I have some of the same issues, and I started using MCT oil to "regulate calories, making sure my carbs are under 20g and protein is adequate for my lean body mass. I travel a lot (hotel room after hotel room), so I need to hunt and gather in supermarkets to get the food I want, because I'm not going to get it in restaurants, unless I'm ultra smart, and have choices available. Butter coffee, or in my case, butter chai, is a lifesaver: I bought a kleen kanteen coffee mug that I use as a shaker, and I take bottles of MCT oil with me while traveling.

Wishing you much strength in the time ahead.
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Sorry to hear about your dad, {{{hugs}}}

On the MFP situation. You don't have to hit the "Complete Entry" button. Everything will post, and it won't send a report to your wall (thats a good thing). And you won't get that annoying message about being too low on your calories. It will not affect your daily streak either.

I quit hitting that button 12 months ago. I actually go out-of-my-way to not hit it by accident!

I hope this helps,
    Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
    Current weight: 198.5, 115.5 pounds down, 19.5 to go. 13 months on diet
    It's Ketogenic or Bariatric Surgery! How I Found the Ketogenic Diet
    Previous Discussions on the LCD & Keto Groups
    Blog #10 Keto: Abbreviations, Acronyms & Terminology Used on the LCD & Keto Discussion Groups Updated
    DittoDan's Keto Sub Groups Blog
    Blog #13 DittoDan's Milestone's, First's And Good Changes Since Starting the Ketogenic Diet Updated
    DittoDan's Keto Blogs
    How I got Off of Diabetic Prescriptions Drugs Since I Started Keto Updated
    Blog #11 Really Good Keto Websites