I lost 10lbs but have not been able to loss anymore wait

Options
deljabri
deljabri Posts: 12 Member
I started keto 2 weeks ago, lost 10 lbs but this past week have not lost anything. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I lost the first week then maintained for two. Just jeep plugging away and your body will catch up ☺
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    You aren't doing anything wrong. Be patient (I know this can be difficult). Weight-loss is not a linear journey.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The first initial burst of weight is water stores and some fat loss. For many folks, the body then has to rebalance out before losing again. Ketogenic diets require patience. Take pictures and measurements. In the first 13 weeks if my scale wasn't moving, my tape measure was, and vice versa.

Some people don't lose another gram for 3 months then bam, starting losing again. Some people lose slow but steady the whole time. Most folks lose decently the first two weeks, stall/slow for a few weeks, then lose steadily or in spurts.

As long as your body feels healthy and you can feel the benefits of low carb, keep going. If nothing else changes - no clothing sizes, no inches on the tape measure, and/or no pounds on the scale AFTER 12-13 WEEKS - or you have no energy/cravings & hunger control or other keto benefits during that 13 weeks - then it is time to reevaluate. Otherwise, YOU MUST BE PATIENT AND TRUST THE PROCESS. If you can't do that, ketogenic/low carb eating is not for you.
  • Bob314159
    Bob314159 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    I put on 5 pounds to start and then had to lose that. Now I'm at the point where I've losing around 2 pounds a week, but got stuck this week, so I'm cutting back carbs again and semi-fasting. Still not convinced that I've crossed over.
  • deljabri
    Options
    Thank you... I was starting to doubt myself, thiinking I need less protein and that I'm earing to much or to much salt etc. So I reset my calorie intake.
    I'm 180 lbs I have my Marcos set at 80/15/5 ( 107 fats/45 protein/15 carbs ) I reduced to 1208 calories a day. I'm a 5'2" female
    Can anyone e tell me if that's right I think I have 45% body fat
  • deljabri
    Options
    Thank you for all your wonderful advise, it really helps me maintain my resolve, I do feel allot better and very little to no cravings.
    I just got a blood glucose Metre. I have to learn what the keto levels
  • deljabri
    Options
    Bob314159 wrote: »
    I put on 5 pounds to start and then had to lose that. Now I'm at the point where I've losing around 2 pounds a week, but got stuck this week, so I'm cutting back carbs again and semi-fasting. Still not convinced that I've crossed over.

That's encouraging. .. thanks
  • 110challenge
    110challenge Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt cut any further back on your protein, just try to be patient.
  • AngInCanada
    AngInCanada Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    deljabri wrote: »
    Thank you... I was starting to doubt myself, thiinking I need less protein and that I'm earing to much or to much salt etc. So I reset my calorie intake.
    I'm 180 lbs I have my Marcos set at 80/15/5 ( 107 fats/45 protein/15 carbs ) I reduced to 1208 calories a day. I'm a 5'2" female

I'm 5'8, 193 lbs and I eat 1650 calories. I have my fat 5% lower and protein 5% higher than you but that's just what works for me.
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me my 4th week someone told me to meet my fat (I never paid attrition to my fat) after I started adding heavy cream and coconut oil to coffee the scale finally moved!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/

Use this calculator. I think that the 45 grams of protein may be too low to maintain your current muscle mass.

I'm 39 years old, 5'4" tall, around 40% body fat, and I eat 1800+ calories per day. I think my macros are set near 10% Carbs (recently upped for medicinal reasons), 15-20% protein, and balance in fats, so 70-75% fats...

I think I have to get at least 85+ grams of protein a day for my muscle mass...
  • Teleportation
    Teleportation Posts: 13 Member
    Options

I'm just starting this myself but your protein seems low. I'm 5'2 also, 118 lbs, probably 30% body fat (that's just a guess) and I'm eating closer to 75g of protein....of course I could have that wrong but I don't think so.
  • looney9708
    looney9708 Posts: 174 Member
    Options

So easy to do. I've learned after 22 lbs that you have to keep going. When the scale goes up or stays the same you shouldn't freak out but literally just keep going. Every meal. Every glass of water. My weight loss comes in whooshes all the time. But this last one has taken 5 weeks. I was in tears some days. But it will be worth it.

Also, with that low of carbs and calories be very careful of any sweating exercising. Go for walks or so sit ups and planks. But I was doing crossfit and hiit with similar ratios and my weight always stops. My nutritionist had me back off while losing weight and I can get into Ketosis with it. Seems backwards but trust me. Then when you are at goal you can hit the gym hard. That's my plan at least

Good job and hang in there!!